Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
duct tape and zip ties
9,162 Posts
I forget the difference in the jdm k20a harness's specifically, but ep3 works just fine.

If you are swapping in a miata or really any other chassis, might as well spend the extra couple bucks on a aftermarket harness. Wire worx has a great reputation, and offer an inexpensive solution.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I forget the difference in the jdm k20a harness's specifically, but ep3 works just fine.

If you are swapping in a miata or really any other chassis, might as well spend the extra couple bucks on a aftermarket harness. Wire worx has a great reputation, and offer an inexpensive solution.
I've read that the knock sensor is different on the ep3, is this correct?

I don't think wireworx has solution for miata yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't see this mentioned, but when doing my K24A2 swap I found that I needed both the outer AND outer halves of the thermostat housing from an RSX-S as the TSX thermostat housing points up rather than down. And FYI, the RSX-S outer thermo housing does not bolt up to the TSX inner housing. Maybe the stock one could be used depending on the type of radiator used, but for a full size EP3 radiator in an DC2, this is required. If this wasn't covered before, I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! I am from Belarus, Europe, immediately apologize for my English)) on Google Translate to help me)) I broke his Acura type S and it is not subject to repair. There is a desire to make a swap project to install the engine and sending to the Civic, which is better to buy Civic EG or EK, drive axle I understand you can take from Acura? Or it is necessary to take the custom? steering rack is suitable from Acura? Write please those who have had experience of such swap project. Thank you!

341 - 346 of 346 Posts