Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SVMcams is proud to announce new machine shop services and block sleeving service.

Long block assembly (assuming block is assembled) $650.00
Long block assembly with degree wheel (assuming block is assembled) $950.00

Shortblock Assembly $1,250.00

Hot tank $75.00

Finish hone $150.00

Bore $150.00

Bore .20 over $150.00

Sleeve Block W/AEBS Sleeves $1,000.00

Labor Shortblock Assembly $1,250.00

O-ring block $250.00

Resurface Block $150.00

Resurface Head $100.00

Balance Crank $125.00

Polish Crank $75.00

Soda Blast head $100.00

Soda Blast Block $100.00

Stainless Steel Shot Blast Head (metal conditioning) $100

Thank you for supporting SVM products and services

For those that want to send their parts in, SVM will offer 30% discount for shipping charges to ease the pain of having to mail us a 100 lb box

From Minnesota to California, it should cost around $90 to fedex ground a k24a block for example with crank.

Thank you again and I will be adding these on the svmcams.com online store later this week

Nikos @ SVM

·
Been There Done That
1,619 Posts
i think i want you to put together a motor for me in the future :)

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
do you use a deck plate when the block gets bore out?

With lightweight castings now in Production, cylinder distortion can be s problem.

Both main and head bolts or studs can distort cylinders.

To minimize this effect, there are a few things you can do. These practices were límited to performance engines but an increasing number of street engines now require the same attention.

The whole process in my opinión is more important than individual catch phrases that can make or break a deal.

I would rather run good rods with no torque plate then cheap rods with a tq plate etc etc

The measuring tools, the method of cleaning engine parts, inspecting valvetrain components new or used,inspecting block componentes, balancing of of crank and rods etc is much more.important.

If a tq.plate is used, how heavy.is.it? Whats the temperature? What about studs vs head bolts? Is it really simulating a head? What about the extra weight of manifold and header.on the head? Hot coolant going through it? How does change the measurements?

Just a few.ideas.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
lol i was just asking a question

you did bring up some good points - I'd rather run a balanced bottom end with quality rods then get a block bore with a deckplate & skip the balancing & rods. I cannot stress enough how on a performance motor it is much better to use micrometers & a good bore gauge then to use just plastigage for a good guess aqt bearing clearance. For the record I have seen countless (k-series) built blocks come thru our shop that didn't have deck plates when bore out & haven't seen a single issue. Definitely not as important compared to SR20det's and maybe some others.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you, exactly that is why when you.posted that I left the 212.4 alone, took a walk and replied . Engine building like cam mfging has little room for error but I dont really plan to build any more honda engines on my own while I am making cams requires 100% but I dont mind helping those that helped me along the way as customers or mfgs .

So all these will be built by 2 people , one or the other. They are the best kseries engine builders in the World in my opinión for kseries. Whether you want 250 or 400 there is no guessing just like svm cams they have control over their process but often límites to blocks without other good parts to Match.Due to.a Market where everyone gave.up on honda tech mentality and.Got another job.

So cams is going to.be my thing, they can have the engine buiding and chinese cranks which along with the iPhones make sense and are in demand.

Those that do not agree we really appreciate because they motivate me to prove them right by going the opposite direction

1 - 20 of 32 Posts