Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
USDM > *
4,888 Posts
I'll show you when you show me the flow graph of RBC IM picking up 30cfm from a port matching TB opening & grinding down IACV passage...
:p

Thanks for the pic:up:

...but I think you have me confused with somebody else about the RBC portmatching??? I don't even own an RBC...I have an RSP.

·
Registered
68 Posts
here was my post to those recent comments

PingPing & licea204 & anyone else not seeing what gains they "think" they should be seeing - what are your header & exhaust setups? who did the cam install?

I have seen cam installs not go correctly, ESPECIALLY done with the motor in the car. The timing can be off & will NOT throw a CEL, power will be 10-15whp down. check TDC with a long screwdriver or rod thru spark plug hole #1. once that is confirmed check the alignment of the cam pickups with 3/8 dowel thru the pickup into the #5 cam tower.

If you don't prove that your cams are properly installed & tell us what header & exhaust you have how is someone supposed to take responsibility for selling you "bad" cams.

how many of you guys are running oem pistons? if you are I would say run 211's. 13.7 lift is a bit much & will cost you (useable) midrange power in exchange for adequate piston to valve clearance

lastly I have personally seen apexi WS2 CATBACK exhaust cost 20whp vs 3.0" on a 11.5 CR k20z3 with ITR cams (230whp to 210) do you think if we installed cams & that motor and didn't make any power its automatically the cams fault

please try to post something to back your claims

i just installed a used set that made shit power on someone elses car, i saw the problem once i installed them, i had Joe Mac make me a 40VTC gear and had the valve seats grinded down slightly.

the problem with this set of 212 was the intake cam, center line of the cam is off causing the cam to be more advanced, giving it a shitty idle and even less P2V clearance. now that the cam centerline is fixed i can get full 40 VTC cam advance on stock pistons with room to spare.

i will update later once the car is tuned.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i just installed a used set that made shit power on someone elses car, i saw the problem once i installed them, i had Joe Mac make me a 40VTC gear and had the valve seats grinded down slightly.

the problem with this set of 212 was the intake cam, center line of the cam is off causing the cam to be more advanced, giving it a shitty idle and even less P2V clearance. now that the cam centerline is fixed i can get full 40 VTC cam advance on stock pistons with room to spare.

Thanks for sharing. Post results when finished please.

·
Registered
834 Posts

I swear this center line is why they all bash s2 cams ... Is it time to bash svm? Oh wait they kill them self lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
I swear this center line is why they all bash s2 cams ... Is it time to bash svm? Oh wait they kill them self lol
funny. Cuz I remember that svm themselves or someone who knew cams talked about correctly manufacturing cams and how their cams are like oem Honda cams and such, and centerline and such.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I woke up from the IPS/SVM hype when I realized that I can just pick up an already proven off the shelf product and make good gains. No lead times and no bs customer service and promises.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I woke up from the IPS/SVM hype when I realized that I can just pick up an already proven off the shelf product and make good gains. No lead times and no bs customer service and promises.
Lol sorry you was a fan boi ... How did his nuts feel?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Lol sorry you was a fan boi ... How did his nuts feel?
Many people were a fanboy including some big names on this forums. But not so much SVM cuz he hasn't proven anything good yet. Sucks I didn't get to feel his nuts. If I did, it'd probably end up like Iron Armor's nut cracking finisher.

281 - 291 of 291 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.