Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
k20a.orgy
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered some suspension bushings so i can put them on while i install all new suspension components.

has anyone try this? (i'm sure plenty members here have.) how difficult is this for a novice? i have access to a press. i have also been told to use a torch to burn off the old bushings to save time. FYI, i ordered energy suspension bushings for my DD ek.

taking my first step towards the K,

Mixwell

·
Registered
211 Posts
from what I hear you not supose to burn any of them out. The heat weakens the metal. That can possibly lead to component failure. :silly:

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
from what I hear you not supose to burn any of them out. The heat weakens the metal. That can possibly lead to component failure. :silly:
the bushings catch fire real quick, it hardens the rubber just enuff to push them out....not really hot enough to change the temper in the metal....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I replaced all of my Integra's bushings last year, it was a pain in the ass. But I used a socket to push them all out with the press, I believe it was 7/8", and it fit around the shell of about 75% of the bushings. They came out easy as hell. The worst one was the big ass trailing arm bushing on mine, it didnt want to go anywhere. Overall it isnt that bad, but getting everything apart can be.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If you have access to a good press, like me :p, you're all set. Put the car on a set of jack stands or a lift (if you have one) and get after it. I personally just don't know about a complete poly suspension setup after talking to Jim @ PIC about suspension geometry.

-Troy

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
I would suggest buying the harbor freight press, the bigger one, not the smallest one, the next size up. The small one is a POS.

it will pay for itself, you'll find many uses for it, if you have the space.

Yes, poly bushings are a waste of time. Ask anyone that has/had them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts