Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, the new civic si has a 200hp k series engine, evidently there will be more k20's available to the public (that is when they end up in the junkyard) to reach the demand of purchase, right?

Does this mean we'll start seeing a depreciation on these motors due to supply and demand?

·
Registered
1 Posts
In theory yes, but I wonder if the new SI will be a theft magent like the ITR. I hope it makes the K-Series more affordable.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Prices will stay like this for a long time. There are many reason for this. It serves us and "them"

·
Registered
865 Posts
K-swaps are not going down anytime soon. If they did that, no one would ever buy B-series swaps anymore!!! They would loose money. They have to make the price competitive!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
K swaps are going up in price...and the junkyards are getting cleaned out

·
Registered
266 Posts
like i said in the other thread you made about this on honda-tech, peicing together your own K-swap is a good thing to do if you have a tight budget.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I personally think that the longer the Kswaps stay at a higher price, the better. It will keep the swap unique for as long as possible as a result, the better for all of us who do them.

I must say though, once they do come down in price and those B's and H's start collecting up and going down in price will sure be a good day. Nothing like having a budget daily beater with a B18C1 swap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I personally think that the longer the Kswaps stay at a higher price, the better. It will keep the swap unique for as long as possible as a result, the better for all of us who do them.
I guess for the sake of uniqueness, a high price is good, but who wants to pay more than they have to? Just give me a fast car for a little money as possible, and ill be happy

·
Registered
865 Posts
RC000E said:

I must say though, once they do come down in price and those B's and H's start collecting up and going down in price will sure be a good day. Nothing like having a budget daily beater with a B18C1 swap.
LOL!!!! That would be tight!!!! If those motors became so cheap I'd buy 2!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
RC000E said:

Agreed. :up:

·
Registered
146 Posts
02sik24a2 said:
K swaps are going up in price...and the junkyards are getting cleaned out
:up: word!

I dont think the price will go down for about 5-10 years....and if it does, its only going to be a couple hundred.

·
Registered
80 Posts
RC000E said:

hell yea..

·
Registered
14 Posts
RC000E said:
If you want that then you need to sleeve and turbo a Dseries not swap a K.
There are other factors that just money, and I would much rather have 200 na whp with almost factory reliablity than a turbo D. My point was merely in reponse to your claim that for some reason, which i dont understand, you would have the price of motors stay high rather than go down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.