Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm looking at buying a Jackson Racing supercharger for my ek k20z3 swap running kpro. A kit i'm looking at is the ep3 one with tensioner and 3"pully.

I did my research but I'm still unclear in a few areas, maybe you guys can help me.

1)what do I need to install the charger properly. The charger itself, tensioner, belt, intake manifold gasket, tb gasket, bigger injectors and a 3 bar map sensor. Anything else?

2)How do I relocate the map sensor off the throttle body to read boost? Does it just bolt on to the charger or? Do I block off the hole left in the tb from the map sensor?

3)Any good recomendations on where to get a 3 bar map sensor or a block off plate for the old map sensor location

4)Does heatsoak really affect the charger? Like if i tune it and make 280whp, daily driving I would realistically see 250whp? (just an example)

Thanks for any help! Much appreciated

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ok I would recomend on getting the RSX jrsc instead of the EP3 one reason being is that with the RSX one you can run an aftercooler and eliminate heat soak. but the EP3 would work as well if you already bought it.

basic tools are needed to install either supercharger the only thing you might need is alan keys which both chargers use alan bolts.

the kit should come with a missing link that is sandwiched between the map and the throtlle body unless you go with an aftermarket 3 bar map sensor which will just take place of the stock one. injectors is up to you I recomened 750cc they work great on my set up.

gaskets youll need are the throtlle body one and the manifold one is made of metal so its reusable.

Just in case your courious my set up made 315hp and 210tq on 91 octane, 3'' pully, k-pro and 750cc rc injectors..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^the kit i'm looking at doesn't have that adapter piece. is there anyway i can get another one, rather than just plugging the tb hole and ziptie-ing the new map sensor lol.

what do you think of rdx injectors? i'm thinking of running them due to cost, they're only like 180$ flows from 440cc to like 510cc

and how bad is heatsoak on the ep3 jsrc? Like if i tune it and make 280whp, daily driving I would realistically see 250whp or less? (just an example)

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
^the kit i'm looking at doesn't have that adapter piece. is there anyway i can get another one, rather than just plugging the tb hole and ziptie-ing the new map sensor lol.

what do you think of rdx injectors? i'm thinking of running them due to cost, they're only like 180$ flows from 440cc to like 510cc

and how bad is heatsoak on the ep3 jsrc? Like if i tune it and make 280whp, daily driving I would realistically see 250whp or less? (just an example)
rdx inj do not flow enough, s/c's eat fuel, 650's can work, but in reality id1000's are what you want

he soak in blowers gets bad, my iat's can shoot 50-70 degree on a single pull

1 - 4 of 4 Posts