Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a Jackson Racing Supercharger race ver. any good? b/c I would like to bolt that on my A2 and what is a great engine internals for a SC A2. Is it the same as a turbo setup. Why I don't choose a turbo setup b/c I don't want to be like everybody else, that has an intercooler showing threw the bumper and I don't wan't to go the na setup. When you look at a supercharged car you can't see any evidence that its supercharged and it would be faster than a na setup.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I don't know.

I hope they are better than the one's for the B series.

Check out THEOLDONE.COM There's was nasty for the B series.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JRSC sure did make B series engine bay look like hell. but the new ones for the k20 does look nice. I looked at the supercharger on rsxmotorsports.com.

·
Registered
599 Posts
K20A2EG said:
So is the JRSC race ver. any goob or is it a waste of time and money?
They are great, totally worth the money. I have one on a K24A1 with RSX head and the last trip to the dyno put down 305 whp. Probably would have put out more, but the 550cc injectors were running out of fuel just over 7K rpm. Didn't have time to get bigger injectors, but probably at a later date I'll get to do it.

I believe Doug at Hondata got 300whp from a stock K20A and the JR race ver. supercharger.

brian g

·
Registered
50 Posts
K20A2EG said:
So is the JRSC race ver. any goob or is it a waste of time and money?
I love my JRSC's B-series Civic, I have been boosted for over 2 years with daily driving without a single hiccup or problem( except the ones I have induced myself). I don't know why so many people think that JRSC's aren't great, but I love mine.

For more great info on superchargers and how good they really are, you can check out www.theoldone.com (Endyn's website) and also check out www.hostboard.com and look under the Forced Induction Imports sections, lots of valuable info and techincal expertise on that board..

If you do get a K-series and want to boost it, I would tell you to get a JRSC from my past experience... :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yeah I'm a pretty big fan of the supercharger too, I don't know if you have ever seen the episode of Super2NR TV where we put the B16A with JRSC on the 88 CRX, but the car made 220 hp. I have one myself too.

Our 94 Integra with the supercharged K24 kicked major ass at the Sport Compact Car and Super Street Time Attack Challenge in April. That car was very fast.

brian g

·
Registered
28 Posts
To the original poster: Superchargers run intercoolers too, so it really doesn't make any sense to pick a supercharger over the turbocharger in the terms of the intercooler. Quick solution: Paint the intercooler flat black :).

·
Registered
5 Posts
brian g said:
TypeRWanter said:
Superchargers run intercoolers too...
Except the Jackson Racing superchargers which are the only ones available for the K-series engines of course.

brian g
There are reports that Comptech is releasing a TSX and RSX supercharger system based on a screw-type supercharger. Should be followed up with an aftercooler.

Brian how is the output of the B series with JRSC compared to the K series with JRSC? Can you put that power to the ground with the k and JRSC?

·
Registered
599 Posts
lemonhead said:
I heard that the no intercooler situation may be changing sometime soon......and I hope it does.(for the JRSC)
That's the plan.

miyo said:
There are reports that Comptech is releasing a TSX and RSX supercharger system based on a screw-type supercharger. Should be followed up with an aftercooler.
True, although they called it an intercooler when I talked to them.

miyo said:
Brian how is the output of the B series with JRSC compared to the K series with JRSC?
The K-series uses a bigger better blower.

miyo said:
Can you put that power to the ground with the k and JRSC?
It's very street friendly.

brian g

·
Registered
599 Posts
lemonhead said:
is the word "laminova" in the mix by chance?.....any more info? any estimated dates?.....any info at all?
Not on the JR charger, as for the Comptech unit, I honestly don't know.

As for release date, I know they are both working hard to bring them out soon.

brian g

1 - 14 of 14 Posts