Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is It True You Can Make 300whp With The Comptech Supercharger Kit On A Stock K20a2 With A Kpro This Is What I Read Some Were

·
Registered
108 Posts
i dont know about the comptech supercharger but i made 315 whp and 210 wtq on a stock k20a2 with a Jackson Racing Supercharger on 10 lbs. of boost.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Im looking for 1 that will work well with a built motor and give me the most boost,,,, who makes those?
Well, there are lots of options: Roots, Lysholm TS, the centrifugals. "The most boost" is not always what you want. Can you explain your engine setup in more detail or is this still in the "fantasy build" stage?

·
Premium Member
15,764 Posts
Well, there are lots of options: Roots, Lysholm TS, the centrifugals. "The most boost" is not always what you want. Can you explain your engine setup in more detail or is this still in the "fantasy build" stage?
I have the complete 08 civic si (z3) motor, trans, rbc, also have a 07 accord bottom end. Ordering some je 9.01 compression pistons and brian crower rods. now i have always wanted boost but a supercharger looks clean and im just torn in the middle of which way to go.:confused:

so way past the fantasy part, main goal is spirited daily driving thats reliable.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have the complete 08 civic si (z3) motor, trans, rbc, also have a 07 accord bottom end. Ordering some je 9.01 compression pistons and brian crower rods. now i have always wanted boost but a supercharger looks clean and im just torn in the middle of which way to go.:confused:
Well, since you are using low-compression pistons, a centrifugal blower would make the most of that. You can search here for the Kraftwerks kit thread. That is what I would do. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
9,0:1 is for turbos, I would recommend 10,2-10,5 :1 if your going for a Rotrex/Kraftwerks or a lysholm TS.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
9,0:1 is for turbos, I would recommend 10,2-10,5 :1 if your going for a Rotrex/Kraftwerks or a lysholm TS.
I agree with that. I guess my point was that if he chooses low-compression pistons, then the motor will want a lot of boost and a centrifugal will do that best. I run about 11.5:1 compression with the M62 and think that's where the Roots-based units want to be.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Sure, but he can easy get 500hp with the big Kraftwerks kit. :) :up:

·
Registered
692 Posts
I made 303whp/197wtq at 9.9psi on a stock K20A2 with a JRSC.

- Derek

·
Registered
381 Posts
what headers were all of you using?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
psi for psi... I got you all beat!!

I have a pre-production KraftWerks Super Charger Kit using the smaller of the two blowers and a 110mm pulley (7psi @ 8500 rpm) and the car makes 327hp and 210 lb. ft. Tq. The only part not stock on my K20A2 is the RBC intake manifold.

·
Registered
382 Posts
300WHP with CT-Eng is possible, I'm making 294 WHP with a 3" pulley with a very sh!t tune... properly tuned it should be around 310WHP, drop in some IPS cams and you'll be seeing 330~340 WHP with a full exhaust system.

·
Registered
692 Posts
psi for psi... I got you all beat!!

I have a pre-production KraftWerks Super Charger Kit using the smaller of the two blowers and a 110mm pulley (7psi @ 8500 rpm) and the car makes 327hp and 210 lb. ft. Tq. The only part not stock on my K20A2 is the RBC intake manifold.
I'd interested in seeing what the power delivery looks like.

- Derek

1 - 20 of 28 Posts