Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m looking for some advice on a K20 street build. I have a k20a right now but I’m willing to go k20a2 if that’s better. I’m planning to supercharge it with the jrsc but I want to keep it running on 93 octane gas.

What psi should I target? Should I bore out to 90mm to get more air without going too high on the compression ratio? Are any upgrades necessary to the engine internals? I know the k24 has to upgrade the oil pump, is this necessary for the k20?

·
Registered
358 Posts
a classical non-intercooled JRSC will use a 3.4” pulley and provide about 7 PSI of boost on a K20.
This is OK even for a 11.5:1 CR K20a. 93 octane is fine, too.
There are no upgrades necessary to neither a K20a2 nor a K20a (as in JDM DC5).
Getting a straight intake will benefit more than a monster TB. Boring the engine makes no sense with supercharging in your configuration.
If you do trackdays, don‘t rev it higher than some 8-8.2k. On the street, you’ll get away with 8600 rpm.
You need a 2.5-3” exhaust system.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,258 Posts
Hey guys, I’m looking for some advice on a K20 street build. I have a k20a right now but I’m willing to go k20a2 if that’s better. I’m planning to supercharge it with the jrsc but I want to keep it running on 93 octane gas.

What psi should I target? Should I bore out to 90mm to get more air without going too high on the compression ratio? Are any upgrades necessary to the engine internals? I know the k24 has to upgrade the oil pump, is this necessary for the k20?
Is it the plastic intake manifold k20a, or the type r model ?

·
Registered
252 Posts
i have seen the build you are asking about time in and time out, it is a very reliable theory to aim towards. The Jackson Racing Roots blower you are referring to is about 16 years old and they tend to need to be rebuilt if they are used. This is something I would suggest for you to do. The JDM K20a-R engine with 11.5 compression can withstand 11 psi from this kit and should set you around 300BHP on 93oct. After tuning, 3" exhaust, and some better fuel horsepower should be around 310-320 whp & 200 wtq. I used to own a JRSC K24 set up back in 2005 and it served me well at 6psi boost, once I went to 11psi it was about all a street and track set up called for. Of course I prefer getting as much power down in all gears.

I would get ready to change belts every 8,000 - 10,000 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts