Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a EF Civic and I want to make it a supercharged k series, is it possible to have a S/C k20 or S/C k24 with A/C and/or power steering. I want to do this project but I still want my car to be livable.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with the EF Civic but can you get electric power steering?

You should be able to keep A/C, no problem. Supercharger kits I've seen take the place of the idler pulley/power steering pump. If you can't get EPS then you will likely lose power steering.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,377 Posts
Hi I have a EF Civic and I want to make it a supercharged k series, is it possible to have a S/C k20 or S/C k24 with A/C and/or power steering. I want to do this project but I still want my car to be livable.
Depends on the Supercharger you use. With Rotrex SC you have some issues. Some go with electrical air conditioning pumps to get rid of that compromise, like member Lotus will do it. If you use an positive displacement supercharger you may have other options. Joe McCarthy made a special pulley arrangement to the AC with the SC available. So there is always a way to keep the AC, just a question of the concept.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a rotrex, lost AC, but rotrex sells a lot for the civic. If you have hood clearance then you should be able to utilize that kit. I’m guess not enough good clearance. With my fmic/rad and piping I lost space for the condenser. All about the space factor. The new Jackson chargers you probably could keep power steering? I know the ac is not touched but what space? If you don’t have room, you are sol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts