Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends:

I own a 2003 Honda Accord Euro R..with a K20A engine...
So far I have installed:
- AEM V2 Intake
- Dc Headers
- KPro
- Act Clutch
- Act Fly wheel

It is stock block wise.
I have a budget of 4000$ and am confused as which way to go as mentioned in thread topic. I am looking for 400-500 + Hp
Please give me ur suggestion based on your experience. It is going to be a daily driven car
looking forward to getting some useful comments and suggestions
cheers

·
Registered
390 Posts
A supercharger is doable with the budget, but will not net you 400whp.
A turbo charger might be possible with that budget, and will net you 400-500whp.

It all depends what type of parts you go with. If you go with a simple revhard kit or something similar, youll be able to keep it within budget range.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
if you want 400+ whp turbo is your best bet, 300-375 with a s/c
Ignore Josh he is alittle noob. You could probably get 350 from a JRSC but you would need an aftercooloer / water meth AFTER the blower and 15 psi and an awesome tune.

·
Registered
563 Posts
you'll have power on tap with no lag with the SC setup. on the other hand with the turbo setup and a good tune you could make over 400 and still have a reliable fast car. any of these on a K-swap will be fun though. cant go wrong with a boosted K:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Guys..

Now the question is which super charger JRSC or Kraftwerks ? and yea I will be using stock block so I guess SC is more safer than a Turbo ?

What do you guys think ? Nitrous is out so it boils down to either SC or TC....

The issue is mine is JDM so it takes a lot of modifications to put in anything that is build for RSX (coz of same engine I buy stuff of RSX)

My aim is 500 BHP so 380 WHP would Do :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Thank you Guys..

Now the question is which super charger JRSC or Kraftwerks ? and yea I will be using stock block so I guess SC is more safer than a Turbo ?

What do you guys think ? Nitrous is out so it boils down to either SC or TC....

The issue is mine is JDM so it takes a lot of modifications to put in anything that is build for RSX (coz of same engine I buy stuff of RSX)

My aim is 500 BHP so 380 WHP would Do :)
the new kaftworks S/C will make more power then the roots type s/c,

s/c your kinda of limited to power, t/c you can always turn up the boost with 1 finger..

you can buy rsx stuff... my comptech s/c would work on your car :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Josh:

How much are you asking for it and how much BHP were you getting out of it.....did you have stock internals ? Plus wat was the PSI ?

·
Registered
990 Posts
you can get 300 whp+ with this supercharger with a 3.3" pulley and a good tune and stock block. it has a 3.75" pulley on it now. i have it posted for $1900

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Josh..I will get back to you on this one....

But without being biased...which one would you guys go for

Jackson
Comptech
Kraftwerks

and why ?

Cheers

·
Registered
457 Posts
I personally dont feel comfy boosting the K to that level, though I personally have never done it, many on here have, so I guess it works, but to safely do it, I think 4K is gonna make it a tite budget and lots of used parts, which used parts is buyer beware. 400plus whp is gonna be sick man, good luck. Also, my 2 cents, no turbo lag with SC, though from looking at many dyno of different types of car, they are share in common that TC makes more overall power, SC takes power to make power, and is more top end, rather than throughout the powerband.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
what are you going to use for tuning? Your car has the DBW TB right?

Rotorex SC from craftwerks is waht i would do...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Fuel Cell Race Gas, Direct Port Kit, Forged bottom end. Easily 400whp under 4k budget. Nothing will beat nitrous bang for buck. Instant response too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts