Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! I stripped out the hole on the oil pressure sensor (on the engine block) on a 2006 Honda Element EX 4WD. Any ideas on how I might be able to fix this problem? Is there an adaptor I can purchase to use. I’ve seen some on Amazon. Not sure they work. Unfortunately, pulling out the engine is a non-option. Thanks everyone. I appreciate any and all information. I’m lost.

· Super Moderator
Lotus Elise K20A2
1,735 Posts
On the K-series, this sensor under the VTEC-block, is usually a 1/8” BSPT, also called R1/8 DIN 2999.
Without a thread there is no “adapter” you can use. This sensor is for the low oil pressure warning.
Without proper repair, you risk setting your car aflame as this ports sits right next to the exhaust.

I am not sure you get any thread repair kits for this exotic size.
You could weld it close and relocate the oil sensor.
As this is all located at the fire wall site, I’d say engine out. Takes half a day. it is not that bad.

Or are you talking about the oil sensors on top of the VTEC block?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sensor sits on the engine block, above the oil filter.

Is it possible to retread the hole without having to pull out the engine? Even if the thread is not perfect, would it be possible use an adaptor; then JBWeld it so it doesn’t leak.

Then afterwards, connecting the oil pressure switch to the adaptor.

Unfortunately, I’m not knowledgeable enough to pull the engine out. Seems pretty involved and beyond my expertise.

I am completely stuck at this point.

Thank you any and all your advise. I sincerely appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts