Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I dont know much about this all - but it doesnt make much sense to me so hence why Im asking. Before I start, I cant disclose the kw Im pushing out, hence the variable X :p

I have an EG which has a K20A in it and I had the swap finished a couple of months back (when it was still winter basically... oh, btw, Im from South Africa). At that time, the tuners that tuned my car pushed out "x" kw otw. It is not a couple of months later (summer) and my car went in for a service and a new O2 sensor because my old one has been broken ever since before I did the swap. Other 'performance' changes since my last tune include a Hondata Heatshield and a grounding kit (if that can even play that much of a role).

Anyway, got my dyno tune sheet from the tuners today and it read:
Before: X - 5.1 kw
After: X kw

I still had my dyno sheet from the first tune way back and I put the two over eachother and the graph seems to be identical to me. Pushing out the exact same kw/tq all throughout the graph.

Now, could it be that my car was stronger in winter and then lost a couple of kw in summer? And does this mean that come winter again that Im going to be 5.1kw or whatever higher than X kw?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It also depends on what percentage of X the 5.1kw figure is. If it's a couple of percent here or there it's no big deal but if it's substantially more like say 6-8 percent then I would be worried.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure to be honest ;/
I mean, the first thing that jumped to mind was as No Name said, winter = cooler/denser air. Though when I put the graphs on one another and the lines were identical, I just found it a bit suspicious. I mean, I dont know anything about tuning, so it could be perfectly normal - but its just a bit strange that it would be identical throughout the rev range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts