Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a k24a1 frank with a k20z3 head. Block and head are completely stock, and I'm using an OEM TSX headgasket. I'm going to run a 50 degree VTC gear, and was wondering if anyone had run this combo before and experienced any problems with the full 50 degree VTC advance. I know the proper way to get the answer is to clay the motor, but I'd rather not have to go through the hassle, especially if someone's put together this combination before. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,550 Posts
I'm putting together a k24a1 frank with a k20z3 head. Block and head are completely stock, and I'm using an OEM TSX headgasket. I'm going to run a 50 degree VTC gear, and was wondering if anyone had run this combo before and experienced any problems with the full 50 degree VTC advance. I know the proper way to get the answer is to clay the motor, but I'd rather not have to go through the hassle, especially if someone's put together this combination before. Thanks in advance.
I had a k24a1/k20z1 engine with 50 vtc and k20z1 cams. max reached during tuning was 42 degrees. I doubt the engine will need all 50 but to keep things on the safer side I would not go past 45 or put a 40 degree pin in the vtc gear for added assurance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.