Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
2fastxeg said:
i just havent gotten to that point yet... i would totally share all info... wish people could be more helpful... you guys (edo and hotwheelz) are doing a great job of giving out info and i appreciate it very much..
:up: :up:

I'll be there one day too...

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Just sleeve the block you little girls... :D

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
speedsex said:
my block is a k24a4 i have 2-3 on all 4 thats with a bore guage not a feeler and that is measuring the piston at the correct location.like i said i have more then one block and they all mic out the same so if some one wants to sell there pistons cheap ill take them cause i know for a fact that they will work !!!!!! atlest for me lol

LoL

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
nikos said:
I don't know. I think they did it do that they can sell custom pistons for more. I see no logic in people using brand new blocks to use only 87mm pistons.. why?
Nikos any idea if those TSX motors (that have just been sitting around not being used) would be able to get away with the 87's. Just thinking since mine is still sitting there with the same amount of miles I bought it with... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
txtypes said:
i have 87mm je in my k24, never honed the block nothing, it had 27k miles on it, maybe not the wisest thing to do...but i dont have any problem,s no oil consumption nothing....just dropped them in and kept going. I have about 100 plus hard runs and about 1000k on the build
Try doing a compression and leakdown test and tell us how it turns out...

All that is being said is, "You should never put in pistons without checking clearances".

Most engine builders will tell you that they always order .25 or .5 OS pistons even for stock sleeves and then have the block slightly bored and honed for best results... I don't know to many builders who would order standard bore pistons and hope that the block isn't out of round...

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
txtypes said:
compression tet done,,,i was worried...

leak down passed aswell,,,i have element block 27k: je 12.5:1 coated skirt
and i just dropped hem in. as jeff stated low mileage nonabused blocks dont have this problem

under certain circumstances this thread would be true...at the moment wth just dropping them in its running like a champ
good to hear...

someone must have been babying that bad boy...

:up: :up: Jeff bringing the hard facts...

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
dadonn said:
ok I am gettin a k24 element motor and I ordered cp stock replacements 85mm I believe... Am I gonna have to send these back in replacement??? What advise and recommendations would you give someone with a k24 bottom on ordering high compression pistons with no intensions of boring/honing???

I recomend getting the right size pistons for starters. K24 stock bore is 87mm hence the title... :rolleyes:

Also you should take to a machine shop and have them check to make sure the bore is still within spec and doesn't need honing... Is it a used block or new? If new you'll be fine with standard 87mm's.

Did you read the thread at all?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.