Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this information off Hotwheelz:

12.5 Cp 87mm pistons don't work in k24 blocks

k24 blocks have 5 thousands for factory pistons, forge units only allow 3...

So k24 blocks would need 88mm.

87mm will ruin the skirts. in no time

·
Banned
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
edo said:
It's really too bad that CP doesn't offer a 87.25mm shelf application. Perhaps if all those who have the SC7147X complain with the same issue, they might make the change.

-Ron
I talked to camp1320 today that stocks them and does very well selling cp... He told me that it has been addressed already and that they will offer it... Of course for the peopel that want them right now, it is not going to help... but hey.. at least something is being done.. according to Tom from camp1320.com I know he has in stock around 10 sets at least of that same piston.

·
Banned
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So is there a 87mm piston that will work for a k24a without it being special ordered? An off the shelf application?

I am looking into the wiseco 87mm 13.7:1 compression but I want to use the stock cylinders.

·
Banned
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
it really depend on what you use to measure it... as long as the readings are consistant.. On the same motor with the cheap autozone crap, I have seen 160 across the board, and 220 on a sears gauge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.