Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
H2nr said:
So are you saying the 12.5/1 87mm pistons (SC7147X) are useless? I have a set of these pistons ordered for my K24a2 and I am not sleeving the block.
yea... WTF

i have the same set of pistons sitting right beside me, planning on throwing them into an accord block with K20A2 head

they wont fit without a slightly smaller bore? WTF another thing to set me back? :wow: (its been a long day)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
edo said:
That's great news. Maybe those who have them can sell to 2.0L guys that want a quality piston. +1mm overbore is doable on the stock liners.

-Ron
i wonder what compression would work out to be... ill figure it out when i get home tonight

also, i will go to my friends house tonight and take a measurement of the accord2.4L bore...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
thanks for the advice edo, but thats my scrap block... im going to measure anyhow just out of interest and curiosity

im buying a brand new one block from honda... its worth it for the $420 price tag in my opinion

thats why its at my friends house, because i gave it to him :)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
JDM96SpecCTR said:
its good that the numbers are all consistant with each other, but isnt that pretty low for a 12.5:1 CR motor
it all depends on his cams... the actual ratio doesnt mean much compared to other engines, especially not when we are talking a custom built race engine here.

mine was pushing 245psi but that was with stock type S cams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.