Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Steering Wheel

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  thomatt12 
#1 ·
I was just curious, whats everyone's opinion on aftermarket smaller steering wheels?

Ive currently got my stock EG steering wheel which measures in at +-360-370mm and it feels way to big (its all I've ever used). I dont know what something like 350 (eg: DC5) / 320 / 300 (Sparco, etc) feels like and I would like to get people's opinion.

I was thinking of going for a DC5 / FN2 Type R steering wheel, but its such a small difference, I dont know if its worth it and if I should rather just go for a cheaper non-OEM option...

#4 ·
So you guys reckon I should stay stock or staying something close to stock like the DC5R ?

Amount of effort required to turn the wheel aside (since I have power steering), I would of thought that the actual turning action (if you want to call it that) would be easier ?

What I mean to say, while it may take more strength to turn the wheel - wouldn't it be easier to turn the wheel in the sense that its not this big bulky thing and more 'manageable'?

#7 ·
x2

The guy above with the EP3, don't forget that car has electric power steering. That might be part of the problem. If you guys think Hondas with small steering wheels are bad. I had 35" super swampers sxes on a Suzuki Samurai, w/o PS. It was horrible to steer. It was a good thing I lifted weights then, and yes after arm days, I almost crashed it a few times. Now I have Hydro Assist, and 37" super swamper iroks, and it turns like a fork truck. :up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.