Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the wiringloom replaced (2x) in my k24/k20. I drove great for 6 years. Now the car starts, runs perfectly for 3 secs, then dies. EVERYTHING is 100%, everything (replaced everyting too- even a new ecu, same problem). The injectors spray but just wont open enough after 3 secs. They do tick and spray a bit (pressure before the injectors stays healthy). The car keeps running with brake cleaner, a richer map doesnt help.

What could the cause be, what are we missing is everything is 100%. And no, there is no immobiliser:p.

Every tuner in holland is at a loss haha. Its either something simple or black magic.

Any ideas (we disconnected the lamba (also in the ecu) but it should run without or is the cold start and crank related)? Much appreciated.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,943 Posts
They do tick and spray a bit (pressure before the injectors stays healthy). The car keeps running with brake cleaner, a richer map doesnt help.
Do you have a log and calibration for me of it? Just send it to me, I will check it out.

We need air, fuel and control. So we have to clarify each after another. Is it a DBW or CTB (cable TB)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi LotusElise. Thx for your reply. I dont have it mapped yet on the doctronics but i think i am a little furter now. The company who installed the Rotrex also installed high flow 660cc injectors. And they immediatly blew up the Omex ecu. They send it to be repaired and made a new loom. I think they must have put a resistor in that loom. They got the car to run but horribly, they were amateurs at it. Then i took it to a well know tuner in Holland. He redid everything and checked everything, installed a new eco, the doctronics, changed all sensors etc. and installed new bosch 700cc injectors and fuel rail. The injectors wont open and i am almost sure its that resistance (resistor box?)that is build in by that company somewhere. Gonna check that today.

The only thing that doesnt go with this resistor theory is that it does fire up and runs great for 3 secs. If the resistor cuts the current to the injectors then is shouldnt start. But maybe the resistance builds? No clue...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi LotusElise. Thx for your reply. I dont have it mapped yet on the doctronics but i think i am a little furter now. The company who installed the Rotrex also installed high flow 660cc injectors. And they immediatly blew up the Omex ecu. They send it to be repaired and made a new loom. I think they must have put a resistor in that loom. They got the car to run but horribly, they were amateurs at it. Then i took it to a well know tuner in Holland. He redid everything and checked everything, installed a new eco, the doctronics, changed all sensors etc. and installed new bosch 700cc injectors and fuel rail. The injectors wont open and i am almost sure its that resistance (resistor box?)that is build in by that company somewhere. Gonna check that today.

The only thing that doesnt go with this resistor theory is that it does fire up and runs great for 3 secs. If the resistor cuts the current to the injectors then is shouldnt start. But maybe the resistance builds? No clue...
hmm i just read that on a low resistance injector it opens with a peak current and then drops. That could be why its starts and then dies. (4A to 1A drop, the injectors still spray after the engine dies but way too little).

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
have you tried a different map sensor? did you happen to accidentally cross the tps and map sensor plugs and then attempt to turn the car on? if so this can blow out/kill the map sensor and not through a DTC. its a very annoying issue if you're unaware.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,943 Posts
hmm i just read that on a low resistance injector it opens with a peak current and then drops. That could be why its starts and then dies. (4A to 1A drop, the injectors still spray after the engine dies but way too little).
The Honda OEM ECU needs high impedance injectors to reduce the current for the injector drivers in the ECU. The resistance should be between 10-16 kOhm. If you put an additional resistance in the wiring of the injectors, just as a scenario to think about the issue, then the ohmic resistance would be added and the current according Ohmic Law reduced. If the current is too low to hold the needle open, then it would close again...to early.

Please check the resistance of the harness from ECU till injector and then the one of the injectors itself and report it here. I will help you then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have you tried a different map sensor? did you happen to accidentally cross the tps and map sensor plugs and then attempt to turn the car on? if so this can blow out/kill the map sensor and not through a DTC. its a very annoying issue if you're unaware.
Ty for your reply. I didnt even have a map sensor with with Omex ecu. Starts runs dies. Now i got a map sensor, doctronics, same problem. Checked the tps and map sensor etc.. I think its something like this: when i start the injector opens (high ampere) then after 3 seconds the amperes drop but the injector stays open but only a bit. I think/hope there is a resistor somewhere that i dont need for my high amp injector. I pray even that this is the case. Now to find that resistor...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bah my tuner says that he triple checked this issue already:(. Weird, they open then close for 90%.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is checked when you did yourself. And it's only a 5 minute Job. So, do it as I described it :)!
On it sir:), this evening.
It is checked when you did yourself. And it's only a 5 minute Job. So, do it as I described it :)!
Oh that was a reply to the map sensor suggestion, working on the kOhm now. Fingers crossed, but i think that will also be fine:(.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,943 Posts
Oh that was a reply to the map sensor suggestion, working on the kOhm now. Fingers crossed, but i think that will also be fine.
Sorry, may misleading. I meant injector harness and injectors (s. my quoted own post below)

LotusElise said:
The Honda OEM ECU needs high impedance injectors to reduce the current for the injector drivers in the ECU. The resistance should be between 10-16 kOhm. If you put an additional resistance in the wiring of the injectors, just as a scenario to think about the issue, then the ohmic resistance would be added and the current according Ohmic Law reduced. If the current is too low to hold the needle open, then it would close again...to early.

Please check the resistance of the harness from ECU till injector and then the one of the injectors itself and report it here. I will help you then.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ty for your reply. I didnt even have a map sensor with with Omex ecu. Starts runs dies. Now i got a map sensor, doctronics, same problem. Checked the tps and map sensor etc.. I think its something like this: when i start the injector opens (high ampere) then after 3 seconds the amperes drop but the injector stays open but only a bit. I think/hope there is a resistor somewhere that i dont need for my high amp injector. I pray even that this is the case. Now to find that resistor...
Was the engine harness a custom harness or another OEM harness?

If custom, test your wiring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts