Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya Everyone,
Ive got a problem when starting my car - but its weird...

In the morning, I go to my car and start it up no problems - first go and its started.

Say I go to a client for a lil while - when its time to leave - takes like 3 long start attempts just to get it going. Does it every time after the 'first time'. Today it did it (worked perfectly when I was leaving home) - went to a bar for some drinks with friends (10am) and left a couple of hours later (6pm) and then bam - 3 good long start attempts just to kick her up.

What could this be ???

//edit
Oh, just in case its required, I have a 93 EG with a K20A - no mods basically.

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
you could have somethin stuck in your fuel system thats blockin fuel flow

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
change your fuel filter, and pull out you injectors and clean them

·
Registered
235 Posts
so did u fix the problem? my car just started doing this same kind of thing, but i also just got a IAT high voltage CEL. could the CEL be related to it having trouble starting after it already ran?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, I havent gotten around to it yet - car is currently stripped for interior work so Im not using it atm.

My theory as well as that of some friends n stuff:
1) Problem in the fuel delivery; either something in the lines or the injection - probably the former
2) Maybe tuning; but I dont think this is it

·
Registered
235 Posts
well on my swap im using the stock type s computer so its not tuning. and after the car starts it runs fine pulls hard. think it could be something with IAT sensor does that have anything to do with starting the car?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts