Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys i did some research and just wanted to let u people knoe. that im starting my build on k20/k24 im pretty new to this. so i would like some opinions .well i have a 2005 rsx type s .my mods are right now i/h/e/rbc/kpro/competion clutch/and act flywheel i made 219 whp and 157tq .i also have a k24 z3 accord motor that im gonna be puting in. i wanna put pistion and rod but im thinking of going all motor with this setup. so i was thinking of geting wiesco pistions .blueprint rods . i was thinking of what compression i should go with? if any body could help me there .i wanna go on a 75 to 100 shot but i dont knoe what else to get so thiz the list of what im plainning of buying.

wiesco pistion 87.5 12/5/1 compression
blue print i beam pro serious rods
arp head studs
acl race bearings
87.5 cosmetic gasket(i cant find one this size please help)
super tech block guard
^all of these mods will cost $1472 with out the nitrious kit included and labor . is that a lot of money to spend. or is it worth it ?
nitrious kit
i dont know if im missing anything else .any suggestion im leaveing my head stock for now .till i get my motor running since it my daily driver.what kind of number should i be lookin at .once i have all these mods done to my motor .please let me knoe if i should do anything else since i have the motor open

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I would have the pistons reworked, smoothed out a lil bit, for the nitrous hits.
Should be good with that build, price sounds good. Make sure the builder knows that you are planning on pushing spray through it.
Make sure the tuner has some exp with N2O, don't want it going out with a bang.
Should see about 240ish off the bottle and 300-315 on the juice. (dynos are all different, just going off your numbers.)

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have the pistons reworked, smoothed out a lil bit, for the nitrous hits.
Should be good with that build, price sounds good. Make sure the builder knows that you are planning on pushing spray through it.
Make sure the tuner has some exp with N2O, don't want it going out with a bang.
Should see about 240ish off the bottle and 300-315 on the juice. (dynos are all different, just going off your numbers.)
thanks for the looks ill take note ill keep that in mind to ask about smoothing out the piston for n20 and all that.well basically im gonna put most the thing on my self with help of some my friend. really want this motor to be on spray. so most of my focus gonna be on on building a good motor that can handle a 100 shot all day.well i hope i see 240 with still a stock head .and my boy the one that tune my car .he also have a motor on spray. so i knoe ill be in good hand once it come down to tunning.well it all just money and paticence and time. so hope fully ill have thiz motor done by the end of february if everything goes to plan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts