Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently im using a skunk 2 muffler on my car,

But after a long journey it really gets my ears ringing, so im thinking of changing to a stock muffler,

Would the stock one affect my performance alot? im nearly sure the jdm dc2 standard mufflers have a 2.5 inch pipe standard so i may try to get one of these instead,

I priced the spoon muffler but i can justify spending that kind of money on one?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
I have a dynomax muffler on my car its 3 inch. I had a comptech muffler. They both droned but the dynomax is definitely giving better power.

I wouldn't use a stock muffler it would restrict too much. You may want to look into using an 05 or 06 rsx type a muffler and modifying it to fit. That would be queit.

·
Registered
395 Posts
vibrant stealth muffler,not to noisy when cruising and perform really well when on the throttle,and for the price cant go wrong,and it also looks like a stock muffler

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas,

I had put the silencer in the exhaust and i also have an Apexi ecv as ive gotten hassle from the Local heros in blue over here, i dont need another court summons....

Ill see if i can find some where that sells the vibrant stealth muffler ans see what i think.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
If you put the stock exhaust on you will lose about 50 hp, true story lol.
On a serious note, the stock exhaust will choke the motor a lot. Not good for it, especially at higher RPM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts