Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you put a K20 into an EG, you'll change weight distribution.

my doubt is, what happens to the EG stability? the EG chassis isn't stiff, with some reenforcements will it handles good with a K20? and finally, the front won't be to heavy?

i read here that K20's lighter than b16a2 and the motor get's closer to car middle so you get better weight distribution, is it all true?

maybe this's the 10.000 somebody asks this, but as I'm portuguese I've some difficulties searching for info.

tks

·
Registered
565 Posts
I can say as far as my drag car goes it handles mint down the road at 9k in 5th even at 130+mph the car is very stable.. I think the weight distribution is pretty much spot on.. If you were really worried about the cars weight you can always corner weigh it and adjust your spring rates and heights to compensate.. But I'd imagine most people are amazed at the handling of there K20 hybrids..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
some friends told me that to put K20 into EG, you have to cut de fire wall, the chassis part between driver and engine, is that ture? if so there's any kind of reenforcement to make that gives chassis godd rigidity?

tks for the answers :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry, this is the last one lol

I know that in USA de engines are different than in europe.

my car is an EG6, with a stock b16a2, and I would like to put a k20a from a Civic Type-R with 200bhp, and I was wondering if the wiring procees is equal to yours. does your engines and cars use the same harness than these two that I can find here in portugal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.