Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month i had my clutch replaced on my 8th gen civic si, I went with a stage 3 action clutch and pressure plate, also with new release bearing and pilot bearing. I bought a new slave and cmc as well . Only thing I did not replace was the flywheel, not sure if that has something to do with it

When I let off in first gear it makes a loud squealing noise, as I try to shift to second I have to pull it out of first and wait for it to fall into second. Not to mention I have a stock cmc and slave not sure if that has to play a roll in it or the release bearing I received from action clutch was just bad, please let me know you guys thought and suggestions ,thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,101 Posts
Did you re-use the same flywheel bolts? Also I am curious as to the need or desire for a stage 3 clutch. To me this sounds like the shift arm is failing inside of the interlock. You also have a 1st and 2nd gear shift springs that will not function properly if the shift arm is a problem vise versa.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last month i had my clutch replaced on my 8th gen civic si, I went with a stage 3 action clutch and pressure plate, also with new release bearing and pilot bearing. I bought a new slave and cmc as well . Only thing I did not replace was the flywheel, not sure if that has something to do with it

When I let off in first gear it makes a loud squealing noise, as I try to shift to second I have to pull it out of first and wait for it to fall into second. Not to mention I have a stock cmc and slave not sure if that has to play a roll in it or the release bearing I received from action clutch was just bad, please let me know you guys thought and suggestions ,thank you!
Did you re-use the same flywheel bolts? Also I am curious as to the need or desire for a stage 3 clutch. To me this sounds like the shift arm is failing inside of the interlock. You also have a 1st and 2nd gear shift springs that will not function properly if the shift arm is a problem vise versa.
Hey, thanks for replying. Most likely I did re-use the flywheels bolts, I took my car to the mechanic who worked on my previous cars no problem.

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,101 Posts
I am not suggesting the flywheel bolts are the cause of the problem. I was sharing the service manual states to not re-use flywheel bolts. I was also sharing info about the shift arm inside of the shift assembly.

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
2,101 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts