Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is my problem... i yesterday took out the integra and i let it warm up like always... and went for a ride... got on it a little bit ... and it ran hard...but all of a sudden when i shifted to 3rd i had no vtec... and since then the car spudders... and has no power or vtec....

i checked the codes and all i have is for a 39... but thats normal...

specs
k20a block k20a2 head prb intake
dc sports headers, 2.5 in exhaust no cat
prc ecu

wats ur opinons...

i checked the plugs and they are firing fine... the fpr is at 50... all sensors are connected...

REV LIMITER IS AT 6500RPM... W/ NO VTEC...

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
how much oil is in it? bad batch of gas? how long has the car sat for before you drove it? did you use fuel stabilizer?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the oil is fresh and its to the top.... im thinkin that its gas also... i didn't drive the car for about 8 months cause i was doing a swap... but i had 1/4 tank of 93 in it for that time... and then i bought 5 gals of 93 again but the gas is close to E... i am really hopin its that... and no i didn't use a fuel stabilizer... should i use it ??

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the oil is fresh and its to the top.... im thinkin that its gas also... i didn't drive the car for about 8 months cause i was doing a swap... but i had 1/4 tank of 93 in it for that time... and then i bought 5 gals of 93 again but the gas is close to E... i am really hopin its that... and no i didn't use a fuel stabilizer... should i use it ??
BUMP!! IM PICKIN UP GAS NOW ...

·
Registered
177 Posts
BUMP!!!

1/4 Tank while the swap took place . . . if the car experienced some temperature variation ie: Cooool mornings and Hooooot afternoons, you may have condisation in the gas tank.

Yea put some type of fuel stabilizer in the tank as well as maybe some dry gas . . .

. . . in for the outcome, gotta get the K running again in tip top shape! :up:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUMP!!!

1/4 Tank while the swap took place . . . if the car experienced some temperature variation ie: Cooool mornings and Hooooot afternoons, you may have condisation in the gas tank.

Yea put some type of fuel stabilizer in the tank as well as maybe some dry gas . . .

iight well i just empty the gas tank out through the drain plug and put 5 gallons of 93oct... i am going to pick up the fuel stabilizer 2morrow morning... its too late to start it up... ill keep ya posted....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BUMP!!!

ok i drained the tank put new gas in ... the spudder went away... but now i still have no vtec and i can't rev past 6500 rpm...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spudder is back... and rev limit is still the same... now i started unplugging the injectors while its running and it all made a difference... when i unplugged the intake cam angle sensor it didn't do anything... but when i disconnected the exhaust cam angle sensor the car shut off... so i switched sensors started it back up... and did it again the intake cam sensor side still doesn't do anything... so i know the sensors are good... does the intake CAS suppose to make the car shut down or what ?? im going to check continuity once i fidn the diagram in the FSM...

·
Registered
177 Posts
BUMP this one UP to the TOP ^^^!

ok i drained the tank put new gas in ... the spudder went away... but now i still have no vtec and i can't rev past 6500 rpm...
spudder is back... and rev limit is still the same... now i started unplugging the injectors while its running and it all made a difference... when i unplugged the intake cam angle sensor it didn't do anything... but when i disconnected the exhaust cam angle sensor the car shut off... so i switched sensors started it back up... and did it again the intake cam sensor side still doesn't do anything... so i know the sensors are good... does the intake CAS suppose to make the car shut down or what ?? im going to check continuity once i fidn the diagram in the FSM...
Hmmmz, do you have any CEL codes, any stored? Did you try changing plugs? Maybe you have a coil on its way out? This is defly a gremlin that needs to get out . . . I dunno about the CAS shuting the car down.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BUMP this one UP to the TOP ^^^!

Hmmmz, do you have any CEL codes, any stored? Did you try changing plugs? Maybe you have a coil on its way out? This is defly a gremlin that needs to get out . . . I dunno about the CAS shuting the car down.
i asked somebody on k20a to disconnect the plug on there kseries to see what happens... and he said the only thing was the check engine light turned on.... the only CEL i have is a code 39.... and i have new autolite platnium plugs... but they are firing fine is what it seems... should i buy ngk's...

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
i asked somebody on k20a to disconnect the plug on there kseries to see what happens... and he said the only thing was the check engine light turned on.... the only CEL i have is a code 39.... and i have new autolite platnium plugs... but they are firing fine is what it seems... should i buy ngk's...
not all plugs are created equal. However, I don't know if the autolite plugs are any worse than the oem plugs. I doubt that they would cause your issue though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
new post... hahahahahaha freakin car starts like its runnin on 2 cyls...only way it started was hitting the gas even then it was hard to start and didn't stay running so i panic and checked compression and its 205-205-210-215... so the motor is in great condition... only thing was that on the 4th cyl it was smoking out the spark plug hole... so i did a leak down test and its all good... held good pressure... im hoping its injectors ...

·
Registered
177 Posts
new post... hahahahahaha freakin car starts like its runnin on 2 cyls...only way it started was hitting the gas even then it was hard to start and didn't stay running so i panic and checked compression and its 205-205-210-215... so the motor is in great condition... only thing was that on the 4th cyl it was smoking out the spark plug hole... so i did a leak down test and its all good... held good pressure... im hoping its injectors ...
Holy Hell, hmmmz, replace plugs with OEM ngk's, might help.

Hows the coils?

While it was runnin on "2 cylinders" did you have spark in all cylinders. Sounded like it was flooded. Could be injectors.

Well compression is good, and leakdown passed ok, thas good!

Damn this is strange . . .

EDIT: Code 39 is normal on k swaps I believe. Multiplexor and Immobilizer, correct?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Holy Hell, hmmmz, replace plugs with OEM ngk's, might help.

Hows the coils?

While it was runnin on "2 cylinders" did you have spark in all cylinders. Sounded like it was flooded. Could be injectors.

Well compression is good, and leakdown passed ok, thas good!

Damn this is strange . . .

EDIT: Code 39 is normal on k swaps I believe. Multiplexor and Immobilizer, correct?
the spark plugs is what im gonna get next... i am waiting on this kid from pa to call me because he said he was coming to my house to help me out... i fixed that sh1t that just happened w/ the car running worse than before... it was just the ecu plug was like a tiny little bit out...

i reset the ecu, and its still doing the spudder, 6500rpm rev limit and no vtec...

as for the coils.. i dont know how to say if they are bad or not... i pulled them all out and spark plugs and cranked it... it had a really white spark coming from all 4 spark plugs... so i am guessin its good...

i dont know if im explaining it correctly... the car runs fine while driving... its just at idle it jumps from 900-1000 quick... u can hear the spudder right out the exhaust... and then when ur driving... the car runs good... just when i start to go up the RPM'S... the car doesn't rev past 6500rpm...

after i feed my son im going to start it up and put a video up ... this sounds like it never happen to anybody in there life... lol...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts