Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crx with da front knucles and I was told that I could fit Spoon calipers on it i got some custom legend rotors and made a custom bracket. Is it that easy or is there more involved?

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
You have a few options.
1. Buy Fastbrakes 2 piece rotor that has the correct offset for those calipers
2.Get Prelude rotors re-drilled to 4x100 and run a 3mm spacer underneath the rotor.
3.Get Prelude rotors redrilled to 4x100 and mill 3mm off the mounting surface of the caliper.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, Really, no bracket needed? I paid for the calipers and the shop I do bussiness with charged $350.00 for a bracket he said needed to be made! I gotta get to the bottom of this!

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Wow, Really, no bracket needed? I paid for the calipers and the shop I do bussiness with charged $350.00 for a bracket he said needed to be made! I gotta get to the bottom of this!
The Spoon TWINBLOCK caliper will bolt right onto EX and DA knuckles, the problem is they will require a rotor that has a different hat offset. The solutions exist above. I personally use the fastbrake rotor. Its a 2 piece design, quite pricey initially but the actual rotor can be replaced for a fair amount. Spoon can sell you a 3mm under-rotor spacer that they use when using their calipers on non-5lug setups. I wouldnt want to go milling a $1300 caliper. So yeah go get your money back....

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
You are almost certainly going to need wheel spacers and extended lugs for almost all 15 inch wheels and quite a few 16 inch wheels.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok what extended lug studs are you using, ARP? I have da front knuckles and sw388 rims like you but which fastbrake rotor and where did you get the spacer. Ha I got the same fullrace traction bar too!

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Ok what extended lug studs are you using, ARP? I have da front knuckles and sw388 rims like you but which fastbrake rotor and where did you get the spacer. Ha I got the same fullrace traction bar too!
I dont remember what brand im using but when I bought my H&R spacers they came with 8 extended studs. You will want to call fastbrakes and order the rotor, just tell them you have DA knuckles and need the correct 2 piece rotor to run Spoon calipers. You will need a minimum of a 15mm spacer, I would recommend H&R, they are approved for use in Germany which has some of the strictest standards. I am using a 10mm spacer on the rear to almost match the wider track of the front. If you order a set of 15mm and a set of 10mm spacers it will save you from buying studs separetly

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In running the spacers in the rear do you encounter wheel rubbing on the fender lip under sharp turning?

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
In running the spacers in the rear do you encounter wheel rubbing on the fender lip under sharp turning?
I havent driven the car yet but it appears (by eye-balling) it that I shouldnt have any issues. Certainly not if I roll the fender.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts