Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
wsuk20 said:
Anyone making a spool for the K series trannies yet?? Searching a little but cant find anything yet...
you can always weld up a open differential in the mean time if you really need it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dc5itracer said:
Yes circuitwork has a drag spool available for the rsx and type-s trannies
http://store.clubrsx.com/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=T02UPRSXDS :up:

By the way whats the set up on your car?Nice number :up:
The car has a K20a with Toda type 15 cams, ross pistons 14:1, some head work, stock manifold, stock tranny...it should be alot faster, but I didnt have any dyno time last season. This year I was hoping to have the K24 done, but i dont think the funds will be available soooooo....ill be back with the K20 with some ITB's and a smaller tire, plus some dyno time. Should see high 10's by the first of June....hopefully.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
wsuk20 said:
The car has a K20a with Toda type 15 cams, ross pistons 14:1, some head work, stock manifold, stock tranny...it should be alot faster, but I didnt have any dyno time last season. This year I was hoping to have the K24 done, but i dont think the funds will be available soooooo....ill be back with the K20 with some ITB's and a smaller tire, plus some dyno time. Should see high 10's by the first of June....hopefully.
Goos stuff man.Good luck with you and your car sounds beasty :cool: :up:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
wsuk20 said:
Anyone making a spool for the K series trannies yet??
We've run a spool in a B-Series drag car - I wouldn't recommend it. The 60 foot with a spool was exactly the same as a type R or quaife, and the spool was the biggest pain in the ass in the pits. This was on a car which was hooking up well at the time (eventually mid/low 1.3s on a quaife). Towing the car you had to do very wide turns otherwise it would start to run the tire off the rim. The spool was quite a bit lighter, but other than that there was no advantage, and a real pain the rest of the time.

Here's an un-scientific test of the type R diff:
 

Attachments

·
Resident Journalist
Joined
·
501 Posts
Rubber Chicken said:
We've run a spool in a B-Series drag car - I wouldn't recommend it. The 60 foot with a spool was exactly the same as a type R or quaife, and the spool was the biggest pain in the ass in the pits. This was on a car which was hooking up well at the time (eventually mid/low 1.3s on a quaife). Towing the car you had to do very wide turns otherwise it would start to run the tire off the rim. The spool was quite a bit lighter, but other than that there was no advantage, and a real pain the rest of the time.

Here's an un-scientific test of the type R diff:

AAhhhh freaken Derrick... Joe told me about that ! haha..
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top