Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a k20a3 motor and tranny out of a ep3 in a dc2, I'm using hybrid conversion harness and my stock dc2 cluster and my speedo doesnt work... Can some one help???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not sure if you got this fixed but I had the same thing happen on my k20a2 swap in an em2. First i tried getting the corrosion off the VSS sensor and plug by submerging the connectors in coke overnight. If that doesn't work, I replaced the VSS sensor and voila. . . . working speedo. Be careful though I tried going into 6th gear on the highway w/ the speedo not working and it tried to go in reverse :wow: Hope that helps your problem

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FINALLLLLLYLYLYLYLYYLYLYLYLY :worship::worship::worship:

LOL i finally got my speedo to work... it was a wire in the dash (right behind the cluster) that for some reason was cut. all i did was recrimp the wire back together and it was fine

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sure the post is old but I have a 2000 civic hx I swapped a k24a into . I'm using a rywire budget tuck harness 02-04 and hybrid conversion harness and my speedo isn't working on my cluster. I kno my speed sensor is good cause I can read the mph wen I have the laptop plugged into my kpro and I kno the guage cluster is good cause it worked just fine 2 weeks ago wen I was dailying the car with the single cam In it. I feel like the speed sensor is sending signal to the ecu to tell it what mph I'm going but the ecu isn't sending the signal to the cluster to make my mph guage work ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts