Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RSX-S 2004 abp.

I bought the car with this problem and I thought a new/different radio might work but it didnt.

When I turn the ignition the actual radio works fine, all the settings works without a problem but the problem starts when it comes to the sound. There is no SOUND whatsoever out of all 4 speakers, only the subwoofer works.

Oem radio has the same problem, I tried a PIONEER 4000dvd (double din) and the same thing happens only the subwoofer works.

I have followed the harness up to the speakers, its hard not to get lost but everthing seems fine.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would either say your speakers are blown but a stock deck wouldnt work them to death by no means. Second would be wiring is wrong and/or one of your speakers are shorted out on the door which would cause them all to go out since I believe they are wired in a series circuit.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I followed most the wiring from behind the dash and it seemed fine. Today I will be pulling out the door panels to see what I find. As well as the rear panels for the rear speakers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you have aftermarket speakers in doors and rear check that the connectors are not touching any metal as they can short out. Happened to me in my rsx I installed without heat shrink because i soledered on the factory speaker connector to my aftermarket speakers so they could be plug and play. One day I turned it up real high and then all the sudden it went silent. Turned off then on the stereo and they came back on. Couple weeks later the one in my driver side door panel shorted out and never worked again but the other three kept on. Just a heads up ii think you have the bose amp so I would check that since you have a type-s. Dont know anything about the bose amp system maybe someone else can chime in....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have aftermarket speakers in doors and rear check that the connectors are not touching any metal as they can short out. Happened to me in my rsx I installed without heat shrink because i soledered on the factory speaker connector to my aftermarket speakers so they could be plug and play. One day I turned it up real high and then all the sudden it went silent. Turned off then on the stereo and they came back on. Couple weeks later the one in my driver side door panel shorted out and never worked again but the other three kept on. Just a heads up ii think you have the bose amp so I would check that since you have a type-s. Dont know anything about the bose amp system maybe someone else can chime in....

I pulled the panels out and everything seemed fine, I was going to run some cables str-8 to the speaker but ran out of time I had to head to school and havent had time to work on my car since.

I do have the fatory bose amp under the passenger seat, I replaced it with my freinds and the same thing happend with the other amp. My only option now is to run some speaker wire direct to the speaker from the radio to see if anything happens. Iam ready to finally go to a professional after years of doing my own work refusing somone to pay somone else to fix a problem I felt I could do from the engine to elecrical.:down:

Finally met my match.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It depends on the stock audio trim in the car but some RSX's have a stock external amp and if that is not powered up then you will not get any sound. to check to see if you have a problem with the wiring to the speakers take a 9 volt batt. and take the + and - wires for a speaker behind the radio and touch them to the batt and if you hear a pop then its most likely the radio, if no pop then you have an amp or a break in the wiring. hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts