Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
K24A2 Swapped DC5 FullRace 6262 build by Spaz

A good friend of mine made a video for me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaX5tmo4NhE&feature=youtu.be

Well I'm back in the game officially~! I wasn't planning on installing my kit I picked up months ago until this winter, but I was tired of people busting my balls for selling the supercharger and going back to NA. I'm not 100% finished with the build. I am working with a fabricator for custom new charge pipes, and this winter I'll be sending the manifold out for jet hot coating to remove the wrap. But for now the wrap will do the job.

It is a Full Race sidewinder setup with a Precision 6262 journal bearing turbo.

And now for the build!
The kit was used. So my wonderful GF helped out for the first time ever in my build. I'm still confused but I love her and thankful. Here she is straightening the intercooler fins

Got out the grinder

And mocked up the intercooler

I took a scotch pad to the manifold and cleaned it the best I could. But I didn't want to leave it exposed so I wrapped it

She finished the fins and polished up the intercooler

Also cleaned up my BOV and Wastegate

Got a weld on bung and welded up the oil pan. Later I cleaned it and painted it back to black.

Wastegate hit the coolant setup so I had to come up with a new way to make my lines. So this is what I came up with

You can see how damn close it was

Then the car bit me... Building... Boosting... Bleeding

Took car all apart for piping install and heater hoses of course

Started installing my setup and figuring out how to modify my piping to fit

Installed my 3" exhaust

Made a custom bracket for boost solenoid and tucked it of course

Test fit my bumper and cut that down

Here is the new valve cover I'll post pics installed shortly

But end results :) Worth it

·
Registered
641 Posts
Looking great! Nice to see you didn't give up after all the crap you went through.

Any dyno numbers yet?

btw, what did you do to the manifold to make it shine like that? Definetly not polished :p

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking great! Nice to see you didn't give up after all the crap you went through.

Any dyno numbers yet?

btw, what did you do to the manifold to make it shine like that? Definetly not polished :p
Put it on the dyno this weekend and had a MAP sensor issue. So I have another on order. But at 9psi she hit 360hp and 250lbs torque with a rough tune because it wasn't reading boost correctly constantly.

The manifold is triple chrome dipped not polished. :) a lot less maintence

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
heck ya dude!!! as much as i love the JRSC on there, i do like how the turbo setup looks :) :heart:

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
that's coming shortly :) Just finally got the MAP sensor issues taken care of
good! i have yet to see any video of you ripping on it with any of your setups, i like seeing people push there cars to the limits having a blast with it! :up:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
good! i have yet to see any video of you ripping on it with any of your setups, i like seeing people push there cars to the limits having a blast with it! :up:
Go to my youtube page I have video of me at the track when I was supercharged.

But you're right... I need a lot more videos of me beating on the beast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PJ5rp1Hak4

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok here they are... final end of the year photos... Love them! Special thanks to B1LaLLn

love this rear shot!

Hi there turbo :)

Hybrid Racing promo haha

AWESOME!!!

One of my favorite mods

love the neons

1 - 20 of 84 Posts