Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
i Would always run Denso Iridium Power Spark plugs, those are the best, most of the pros that i know are running those.... when i switched over from NGK to Denso, my times drop from 12.9 to 12.6 consistantly, so they made a big difference...

·
Registered
285 Posts
2fastxeg said:
i Would always run Denso Iridium Power Spark plugs, those are the best, most of the pros that i know are running those.... when i switched over from NGK to Denso, my times drop from 12.9 to 12.6 consistantly, so they made a big difference...
my friend wanted to run those, but couldnt find them so he got some other Iridium plugs, NGKs i think, and says his motor runs smoother. He has used Split-Fires and other plugs before installing the iridium plugs.

·
Registered
329 Posts
2fastxeg said:
Where did you buy them and what is the model# if you dont mind me asking :up:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
2fastxeg said:
when i switched over from NGK to Denso, my times drop from 12.9 to 12.6 consistantly, so they made a big difference...
I highly doubt spark plugs alone increased your 1/4 mile times unless the old ones were severely fouled.

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
#2 said:
I highly doubt spark plugs alone increased your 1/4 mile times unless the old ones were severely fouled.
Actually, the plugs were pretty fouled up.... We even put this on a dyno, with the NGK IRidium plugs, we made 3 whp after we changed the plugs.... when we switched over to the DENSO Iridium's we actually got a gain of 7whp. We did an article on this, so just stayed tuned....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.