Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hello.

Exactly. Take the male plug from the JDM engine harness. Then cut off the female harness from the JDM Charge harness. And lastly Install (via soldering) the male plug onto the JDM charge harness, yes all the wires should match. Don’t move any around

Result - JDM charge harness (now male) will plug into the RSX type S harness (female)
Thanks for the info! I'll knock this out tomorrow

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
really good bro thanks. Everything’s in, power steering works, ac works, no check engine lights, no leaks, no smoking. It’s a marvel I’m so happy. i drove her around for about 200 miles and she’s doing great. She’s down right now due to the seat being reupholstered but that’ll be fine soon !

Let me post some pics .
That’s great to hear man , a type r motor with ac and ps sounds like a great street car 👍

·
Registered
333 Posts
Did you run into any issues with the heater hoses? Ktuned has been frustrating with this lol, they don't realize the euro r is more like a k24 than k20 so they sent a bunch of wrong parts.

Mounts were wrong, had to get the egk4 trans and rear brackets.

I recall seeing somewhere hasport said the egk4 mounts more the engine a bit more forward compared to the egk2 mounts. I'm wondering if this is the cause of the short heater hoses. They're about 2 inches too short currently.

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Did you run into any issues with the heater hoses? Ktuned has been frustrating with this lol, they don't realize the euro r is more like a k24 than k20 so they sent a bunch of wrong parts.

Mounts were wrong, had to get the egk4 trans and rear brackets.

I recall seeing somewhere hasport said the egk4 mounts more the engine a bit more forward compared to the egk2 mounts. I'm wondering if this is the cause of the short heater hoses. They're about 2 inches too short currently.
Haha. Yea, those k tuned heater hoses are 1 inch too short. I bought and ran into some issues myself. I complained to the company but they wouldn’t accept a refund and actually blamed it on me. Just use custom hoses from autozone until you find a solution. If you do find a clean aftermarket company please let me know!

yeah the egk4 are the ones you need. I posted my part list in the first post in the thread, i wish you saw it before, could of saved you a lot of time

that’s a good theory but how can it be true, if the passenger mount from the egk2 and egk4 is the same ? That mount certainly didn’t move.....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Haha. Yea, those k tuned heater hoses are 1 inch too short. I bought and ran into some issues myself. I complained to the company but they wouldn’t accept a refund and actually blamed it on me. Just use custom hoses from autozone until you find a solution. If you do find a clean aftermarket company please let me know!

yeah the egk4 are the ones you need. I posted my part list in the first post in the thread, i wish you saw it before, could of saved you a lot of time

that’s a good theory but how can it be true, if the passenger mount from the egk2 and egk4 is the same ? That mount certainly didn’t move.....
Yeah I just finished sorting that problem out actually.. turns out when you select the cl7 engine and trans on the ktuned swap package page it only allows you to select the egk2 kit. Since the cl7 came from an accord it's got k24 mounting points even though it's a k20. Ktuned had hasport send replacement parts which ended up just being the rear engine bracket and trans mount bracket from The egk4 kit designed for accord/tsx trans. The passenger side bracket is identical and the mount bushings are all the same regardless, just different brackets. The motor is now mounted perfectly thankfully lol

Regarding the engine placement I'll have to dig up the thread I found that info on.. someone from hasport actually mentioned the slight difference in where the engine sits with the newer kits. I'm not sure either how they would pull that off with the same passenger bracket.

EDIT: I found where I read the position differences, but I misread and that is for the EKK1 > EKK2 mounts.. EKK2 moves the engine back a couple of inches, so disregard what I was saying there lol, I read it wrong. That negates my theory on the heater hoses being correct at one point then mounts causing them to be too short. May still be the case, but I can't confirm that yet.

·
Registered
333 Posts
One other question, I didn't see you mention anywhere if you used a VSS converter or not. What did you do for that? I'm under the impression the speedometer won't work as is with this setup.

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
One other question, I didn't see you mention anywhere if you used a VSS converter or not. What did you do for that? I'm under the impression the speedometer won't work as is with this setup.
sorry bro i was taking a social media break. (I know this isn’t social media lol)

Correct. Your rpm will work fine.

for the speedometer - i used a dakota digital speed converter. Cause the 05 transmission uses a high frequency signal. It’s nice cause you can tune it with Bluetooth once it’s all hooked up. It’s about $100 bucks. Don’t forget - you have to do something to plug. I can help you look it up , just let me know. Just look up the k tuned instructions and you’ll know what i mean

k tuned also sells one , but i don’t think it’s programmable.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
61 - 73 of 73 Posts