Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

Registered
Honda Civic eg
Discussion Starter #42
Hey guys. I鈥檝e been working on the car. But the things are so small you guys wouldn鈥檛 even notice. Going to put the windows on this weekend and show you guys where it鈥檚 at right now.

things I鈥檝e been doing
  • power steering pump
  • radiator and bracket
  • AC

Registered
Honda Civic eg
Discussion Starter #44
Any news with this build ? I was digging it
Yeah i just posted an update ( no pics. Will post pics this weekend) ! I鈥檝e been working on some stuff in the engine bay. Nothing major, but I鈥檒l post it so you can see. Do you have IG? Mine is @housebeagle

Registered
Unfortunately no social media for me lol this is all I have to chat with car peeps and this place is 馃拃馃拃馃拃 I started my own thread and have been going on every one I see trying to get some content going lol

Registered
Hey guys. I鈥檝e been working on the car. But the things are so small you guys wouldn鈥檛 even notice. Going to put the windows on this weekend and show you guys where it鈥檚 at right now.

things I鈥檝e been doing
  • power steering pump
  • radiator and bracket
  • AC
Are you doing driver side rad or keeping it on passenger ? I鈥檝e been thinking of keeping mine where it is (rbc ekk2 mounts) to have allll the intake options lol but will have to custom mod the radiator as I鈥檓 not spending what K tuned wants lol

Registered
Honda Civic eg
Discussion Starter #47
1. Teaser of seat and steering wheel to come
IMG_9941.jpg
IMG_9942.jpg

2. Axles - I can confirm that using the base RSX axles, and swapping the inner hubs work - thread from here RSX base axles works for EG!!!
IMG_9940.jpg

3. Battery location
IMG_9944.jpg

4. OEM Cl7 shifter and cables , with billet baseplate (I used the RSX one, I just redialed it by enlarging the holes). I don't recommend it
IMG_9945.jpg

5. Just how I ran my fuel line. It's 6an lines. I'm not happy with where the fuel filter ended up, I will move it later. Ignore the blue tape
IMG_9946.jpg IMG_9947.jpg IMG_9948.jpg IMG_9949.jpg

Registered
Honda Civic eg
Discussion Starter #48
6. Just how I ran my brake system. Stock brake system pretty much, just changed the lines. I also ran an s2000 clutch with the plate adapter (no photos). I bought a pre made swap clutch line.

IMG_9952.jpg IMG_9951.jpg

7. Throttle cable, I brought a pre made swap throttle cable. It doesn't fit the stock cl7 throttle cable bracket very well. You need to trim the bracket down a hair. IMG_9953.jpg IMG_9954.jpg

Registered
Honda Civic eg
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
8. AC - I bought the Hybrid Racing AC Kit. BECAREFUL - 92-93 vs 94-95 are DIFFERENT KITS. That's because the AC lines were changed in 94. Also BECAREFUL - Hybrid racing only have one PDF instructions here Hybrid Racing 92-95 Civic AC Install Guide v1.1 | Hybrid Vehicle | Vehicles . This means the part number they reference for the OEM lines can be WRONG depending on which year you have.

Note - you need to buy a EK AC radiator / condenser for this kit. You will also need a slim fan. The condenser goes on the right hand side. meaning if you want to run AC, you MUST run a half radiator on the left / driver side. Also means you can't run a Chase Bays tuck radiator because it'll interfere with the AC condenser.

IMG_9960.jpg IMG_9961.jpg

9. I used a Koyo Radiator - I had to move it to the driver side , and make 2 brackets on the bottom. In this photo, I haven't made the 2nd bracket yet.

IMG_9962.jpg IMG_9963.jpg IMG_9964.jpg

Registered
Honda Civic eg
Discussion Starter #52
Are you doing driver side rad or keeping it on passenger ? I鈥檝e been thinking of keeping mine where it is (rbc ekk2 mounts) to have allll the intake options lol but will have to custom mod the radiator as I鈥檓 not spending what K tuned wants lol
I just posted an update for you. Yes just for you. There's a section for the radiator. It goes on the driver side because I'm running AC. If you don't have AC, you can put it wherever you want.

Registered
L
I just posted an update for you. Yes just for you. There's a section for the radiator. It goes on the driver side because I'm running AC. If you don't have AC, you can put it wherever you want.
lol I feel so special 馃コ it was a good one too ! I don鈥檛 see many people go through the headache of the ac and ps for the k swap that definitely will make this one stand out from the rest as far as driving on the street goes. I鈥檝e never experienced any Honda with either amenities lol it looks like when your finished with the setup everything is going to look like it came factory that way 馃憣

Registered
Honda Civic eg
Discussion Starter #55
Very nice pictures SpaceSI! I really like your detailed posts and information's about your air conditioner built. Where did you get the pipe flow regulator valve, which has an cable control?
Hello. Thanks for the compliments!! Do you mean the heater valve on the heater line at the fire wall? That鈥檚 part 74624 at auto zone

41 - 56 of 56 Posts