Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
if i go ecu plus kpro, a harness which most are tucked, conversion harness and immobilizer is a few grand
Just to clarify - you need a conversation harness period. With the oem or after market harness. I think you missed that.

second - yeah u can use kpro or ktuner it’s up to you. With the money you spend on ktuner and immobilizer , why not go kpro

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For anyone using a k20r cl7. This is why you can’t use the cl7 half shaft

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just to clarify - you need a conversation harness period. With the oem or after market harness. I think you missed that.

second - yeah u can use kpro or ktuner it’s up to you. With the money you spend on ktuner and immobilizer , why not go kpro
valid point! which ecu can you use does it have to be 02-04 RSX type s?

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
valid point! which ecu can you use does it have to be 02-04 RSX type s?
you can use a few , from stock (w/
De-Immobilizer) , jdm some of them don’t have an immobilizer, kpro, ktuner. If you use k pro or k tuner you need to research which one is compatible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
you can use a few , from stock (w/
Immobilizer) , jdm without immobilizer, kpro, ktuner. If you use k pro or k tuner you need to research which one is compatible.
thanks for helping me out with questions bro! 1000000% appreciete you. the cl7 was the motor i wanted to go with! so is the bottom the CL7 half shaft?

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
so i'm not done with my swap yet, but on the first post / first page, theres a list of all my parts

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Swapped the rsx axles inner hubs today. It was really really easy

Also put the rear Hasport bracket on
982E3EB2-B0FF-4091-A67A-BC3E1DD1FBD2.jpeg
EDCB2A4C-AAB2-47C3-8BA8-703844EACB06.jpeg

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Small new things today. Been taking so long because these things, even though small, had to be shipped. Every time i realize i needed something i have to wait a week. Haha

OEM Honda oil filter, knock sensor, and crank position sensor changed today

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hellooooo. Been a minute. I put my RSX type s harness on today.

1. this black (bottom) oil sensor plug had to be cut back to reach the plug on the k20r

2. this air sensor has to be removed (2 12mm) from the back of the engine and brought to the front. Or you can cut the harness And move the plug to the back.

all other plugs from your 02-04 harness should plug right in (Change the cpk sensor).

3. lastly the alternator and knock sensor plug (part of the charge harness) , the JDM engine side has a female plug and Type S harness has a female plug. Cut off the male plug off the jdm harness and save the pins. Don’t bother unpinning the pins are different. Cut both plugs off. Leave about 3 inches of wire on jdm male plug. Warning - you’re not cutting anything off the type s harness. Just cutting the jdm engine harness and jdm charge harness.

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's been a while since I've posted. I had the motor finished, changed the parts I wanted, and did the wiring, but the body was being painted for over a month.

Happy to announce that it was finally sprayed, so I'll get the baby back within a week.

2A5DB981-DFF9-495B-8BAE-440C241F8D9C.JPG
3AD20CE5-3906-4C21-850E-824CD7E6328F.JPG
A6F4EE1E-89A9-478F-95C0-EE94C04BD563.JPG

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,266 Posts
Wow, very very nice to have an EG hatch built thread here again. It looks awesome SpaceSI 🆙. I see a lot of new OEM parts, that's great. Seems you are located in CA? What header you gonna use to empower the K-engine? What ECU altering system you gonna use to tune it?

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Wow, very very nice to have an EG hatch built thread here again. It looks awesome SpaceSI 🆙. I see a lot of new OEM parts, that's great. Seems you are located in CA? What header you gonna use to empower the K-engine? What ECU altering system you gonna use to tune it?

Yeah, I'm in California

I'm running a skunk2 header and a hondata kpro ECU. It's going to be a street car mostly, so when I tune it, it will be modest.

The car is still pretty much the same right now. It's still just a shell. I have to do the brake lines, then progress will really be up.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,266 Posts
Yeah, I'm in California
Nice...hot season now, isn't it? Are you going to BAR it?

I'm running a skunk2 header and a hondata kpro ECU. It's going to be a street car mostly, so when I tune it, it will be modest.
Not the badest 4-2-1 header. So bolts on and tuning is your approach to make it ready for street? Did you tune engines before?

The car is still pretty much the same right now. It's still just a shell. I have to do the brake lines, then progress will really be up.
I am looking forward to see more progress of it :).

21 - 40 of 56 Posts