Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my shortblock yesterday! Thanks BMFC.

Transmission will be here at the end of next week. I should be dropping the head off at the machine shop early next week as well.

Once i have the engine assembled, and the tranny worked up i will order the mounts.
you thought about putting a gt30x turbo on it or maybe a supercharger, i mean even if you stay all motor id atleast think about increasing bore and possible a BC Crower stroker kit just so you have that extra extra read all about it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I will be going the FI route, just not sure if it will be SC or small turbo.
For the power levels I'm looking for the current K24 block will be plenty. My biggest concern is transmission strength.

I've had a some things the past few weeks that have prevented me from making any progress.
The transmission I ordered was damaged by UPS.
A few days later the water pump went out on my g/f's A4 1.8t. If anyone has done that job, they know how time consuming it is(Whole front end of the car has to come off.) I think it took me less time to pull the motor out of the lotus!

Hopefully this coming week I can find a local shop to rebuild the head.

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Yes there are treatments for sychros, shafts and gears for your transmission that will withstand MANY seasons of hard use. I can't remember the treatment's name that I was interested in. It is a process used for artificial heart valves that is like a tumbler that smooths out any casting variances. Looks like a high polish. If I can remember who posted the information I'll pass it along to you. I wasn't very expensive either.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
A few days later the water pump went out on my g/f's A4 1.8t. If anyone has done that job, they know how time consuming it is(Whole front end of the car has to come off.) I think it took me less time to pull the motor out of the lotus!
I have friends that drive strictly Audis. Why people buy those cars it still amazes me. They are not very friendly when it comes to repairs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am working on a similar swap into an Elise. I'm sticking with a stock K20 type r, FI is too expensive for my build at this point. Innovative is working on building a set for me as they are not "off the shelf" so hope you already put in an order. Glad to see someone else is going at this, I'd like to keep in contact if either of us run into any snags along the way. I am following WHATSADSM's build on LT. After seeing his I couldn't resist doing this swap as I have always been a honda man and was soooo disappointed when I found out this wonderful car was showing up in the states with a damn 2zz in it. I picked up my car with a blown engine at 23k mi, yet another reason to switch to honda :) Good luck and I will be checking back for updates.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Purely Awesome!!! Cant wait to see more.

Good luck on the build sir.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I Run a Honda Elise already . Thats by far in my Eyes the Best u can get for Club Sport And normal Budget . We all Run Elise And Exige s 1, because they are just Lighter And u get aftermarket Motorsport bodykits.
If u Need any advice for Ur Build or Material contact me . We produce own Mountings And half Axels . This is the Main Problem of the Wohle Swap . The damn angle of the Left halfaxle...
U r going to have Lots of Fun with this One . My friend from Vienna rides an exige with a k24a with Turbo And 600+ whp that is just Sick

here some pictures

ciao

stefan

·
Registered
147 Posts
^^^ what is that one pipe coming from the rear of the passenger side?

imo i would go with the m90 blower if it fit, then it will fit your goals fine

also what are you going to be using this car for. Autox, drag Road Racing ect

·
Registered
29 Posts
^^^ what is that one pipe coming from the rear of the passenger side?

imo i would go with the m90 blower if it fit, then it will fit your goals fine

also what are you going to be using this car for. Autox, drag Road Racing ect
pipework for the charge cooler. car will be used primarily for track days.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Oh shiethh!!

21 - 40 of 70 Posts