Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No More Honda, Its EVO 8
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of droping my racecar engine in my daily crx and driving it

would my header off my eg fit my CRX? Hasport Mounts

also how fast would you think it will be, now its at over300whp and i want to add 100shot on top.

car weights about 2k lbs...

want to ask ef comunity before i go ahead and pull motor out and drop in rex, thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
DO IT !

your EG header should work but you will have to cut the rear subframe up for clearence. You'll probablly be knocking on high to mid 9's for sure.

How much compression are you running on your race engine or shed some specs as well.

·
Registered
601 Posts
It would be BEASTLY!!!

I say go for it.

Yeah, just bang the crossmember up to clear the header. There's quite a bit of material to work with back there.

Keep us updated. This thing will be a monster.

·
No More Honda, Its EVO 8
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think there was a thread here where someone put an eg header on a crx but chopped the hell out of the rear cross member so yes it is possible but you will have to reinforce that rear cross member. Also remember you gotta build a custom hood or cut a hole on the hood.

You changing anything in the motor to be able to shoot 100shot with 13:7:1 compression ?

I say do it ! chances are you'll finish it before i finish mine and i'll have an idea of what my should run :p .

Also Are you keeping that massive intake manifold ? might wanna make sure it dont interfere with the radiator support .

·
No More Honda, Its EVO 8
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think there was a thread here where someone put an eg header on a crx but chopped the hell out of the rear cross member so yes it is possible but you will have to reinforce that rear cross member. Also remember you gotta build a custom hood or cut a hole on the hood.

You changing anything in the motor to be able to shoot 100shot with 13:7:1 compression ?

I say do it ! chances are you'll finish it before i finish mine and i'll have an idea of what my should run :p .

Also Are you keeping that massive intake manifold ? might wanna make sure it dont interfere with the radiator support .
i think im going to go with a modified rbc and a cowl hood so i can have a hood...

keeping eg for boosted k20z1 and using the afi manifold in it

·
No More Honda, Its EVO 8
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much does the EG weigh? The CRX will probably not hook as well due to the shorter wheelbase.
Are you planning on getting a glassed one-piece front?
eg is 1750 with me.

crx is going to be driven on the street so its going to have working headlights and all

·
Registered
187 Posts
your also gonna have hood clearance issues with the 2.4 block ;) but should be doable with some creativness

i plan on doing it sometime in the near future as well

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
your also gonna have hood clearance issues with the 2.4 block ;) but should be doable with some creativness

i plan on doing it sometime in the near future as well
I would not try to lower the engine anymore than what the Hasport mounts place it, the streets in H-town are terrible. I remember I was heading to HK mall and thought I destroyed my pan after nailing a terrible pot hole. Downtown is even worse lol.

·
No More Honda, Its EVO 8
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
engine staying at original location, just going to do the cowl hood so it can fit under a hood

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.