2.5” SS Downpipe
Custom Tubular Turbo Manifold
Spearco Front-Mount Intercooler
2.5” Polished SS IC Piping
HKS Super Sequential Blow-Off Valve
3” SS Air Intake with High Flow Air Filter
TiAL 38mm External Wastegate
Magnaflow Custom 3 inch Exhaust
750cc High Impedance Fuel Injectors (Direct Replacement)
Snow Performance Water Methanol Injection
Walboro Fuel Pump
HKS F-con V-pro
Greddy Profec-B Boost Controller
Apexi Turbo Timer
Hasport engine mounts
Competition Clutch Lightened Flywheel and Stage 4 Racing Clutch
Driveshaftshop Stage 2.9 Custom Driveshafts
Buddy Club Race Spec Condenser Unit + Grounding Kit

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Install was just completed.
Have not done tuning yet but will post numbers once we hit the dyno.

Defcon Racing will be tuning the car. I'm using HKS FCON V PRO for management.

I will post the parts list and mods once we complete tuning.

thanks for all the props! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Install was just completed.
Have not done tuning yet but will post numbers once we hit the dyno.

Defcon Racing will be tuning the car. I'm using HKS FCON V PRO for management.

I will post the parts list and mods once we complete tuning.

thanks for all the props! :cool:
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it. Trust me, get kpro for a k-series engine. Nothing works better for a f/i k-series motor better than Hondata. I love kpro and I would not want to run anything else. I have ran Kpro for 2 years and I wish that I would have had it on my first RSX. I did it right on my second one.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it. Trust me, get kpro for a k-series engine. Nothing works better for a f/i k-series motor better than Hondata. I love kpro and I would not want to run anything else. I have ran Kpro for 2 years and I wish that I would have had it on my first RSX. I did it right on my second one.
Do you have any experience with the F-con V pro? If not I wouldn't put it down like that... The V pro is an awsome tuning tool if you know how to use it. People should just trust there tuners to use what they know best, which is eaxactly what it sounds liek thsi guy is doing...

My friends making 450 to the wheels with his SC 350Z stock block 13psi and the F con V pro... It's all in the tune and what the tuner is most comfortable using!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have any experience with the F-con V pro? If not I wouldn't put it down like that... The V pro is an awsome tuning tool if you know how to use it. People should just trust there tuners to use what they know best, which is eaxactly what it sounds liek thsi guy is doing...

My friends making 450 to the wheels with his SC 350Z stock block 13psi and the F con V pro... It's all in the tune and what the tuner is most comfortable using!
:up::up::up::up::up:

The gold box pwns all...from what my tuner tells me. He has tuned alot of crazy setups with every type of EMS and says that the V pro is one of the best. The K-pro is a great system for the price but he has tuned before with the K-pro and didn't recommend it for a boost setup. I completely trust my tuner and his skills and I was lucky enough to find a V PRO for a good price.

He tuned 1999_ITR's car to 245whp 184wtrq All Motor using K-PRO)

·
Registered
962 Posts
jon v;327031[B said:
]Do you have any experience with the F-con V pro? If not I wouldn't put it down like that... [/B] The V pro is an awsome tuning tool if you know how to use it. People should just trust there tuners to use what they know best, which is eaxactly what it sounds liek thsi guy is doing...

Yeah, I am not saying that F-con is a complete piece of crap, I am just saying why use it on a K-series motor. There are far better tuning solutions for these motors than anything like F-con.

The K-series motor is unlike any other motor that is out there on the market. There is no other tuning solution that can handle the same tasks that our motors require other than Kpro or AEM with the proper hardware.

AEM is much harder to use, you lose some of the creature comforts though that you are able to retain with Kpro if you go with AEM.

Hondata also has alot of new tweaks in the new Kpro boards that truly makes this the best tunning solution for the k-series motors.

What other motor out there has the same variable on the fly cam timing and all the other bells and whistles that this motor has.

I will gladly put up Hondata to any other EMS on the market for the k-series motors up to date.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I will gladly put up Hondata to any other EMS on the market for the k-series motors up to date.
LoL...

For the money I don't know that Hondata can be beat, I'll give you that. But there are a lot more things out there buddy...

can the F-can adjust the VTC gear? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
*UPDATE* Dyno tuned:
351whp 273 ft/lbs at 10 psi on a Dynopack 3000
I'll try and get the dyno chart scanned soon.

mod listing:
JDM K20a (DC5) Motor
AT to MT conversion
Garrett T04E/T3 Custom Spec Turbocharger
2.5” SS Downpipe
Custom Tubular Turbo Manifold
Spearco Front-Mount Intercooler
2.5” Polished SS IC Piping
HKS Super Sequential Blow-Off Valve
3” SS Air Intake with High Flow Air Filter
TiAL 38mm External Wastegate
Magnaflow Custom 3 inch Exhaust
750cc High Impedance Fuel Injectors (Direct Replacement)
Snow Performance Water Methanol Injection
Walboro Fuel Pump
HKS F-con V-pro
Greddy Profec-B Boost Controller
Apexi Turbo Timer
Hasport engine mounts
Competition Clutch Lightened Flywheel and Stage 4 Racing Clutch
Driveshaftshop Stage 2.9 Custom Driveshafts
Buddy Club Race Spec Condenser Unit + Grounding Kit

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.