Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics from last season with the K20a. The monster K24 is in progress and I will post a few pics of the build soon.

Sorry about the MS paint work, but there was a company name on the car that I do not associate with any longer.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
realek4 said:
what is the weight of that car with the driver in it? If you dont mind me asking.
with driver the car weighs 1750 per the scales in Pomona.

The time really doesnt do the car justice. the people that were working on the car before I kicked them to the curb were F*ing retarded. I was going to school about 100 miles away so i let them do the work and the best they could muster with 15K in the engine alone was an 11.60. AND, they had access to a dyno...F*ckers.

I took the car last season and made one on track fuel map adjustment and went 11.3 and I didnt put it on a dyno, then I parked the car and went back to school. So...the ET sucks, but i do with what I got. Next season I will have more tuning time on the car and hopefully dip into the 10's.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
wsuk20 said:
with driver the car weighs 1750 per the scales in Pomona.

The time really doesnt do the car justice. the people that were working on the car before I kicked them to the curb were F*ing retarded. I was going to school about 100 miles away so i let them do the work and the best they could muster with 15K in the engine alone was an 11.60. AND, they had access to a dyno...F*ckers.

I took the car last season and made one on track fuel map adjustment and went 11.3 and I didnt put it on a dyno, then I parked the car and went back to school. So...the ET sucks, but i do with what I got. Next season I will have more tuning time on the car and hopefully dip into the 10's.
I remember reading about that on H-T. You definitely got a raw deal. Good to see you are taking the matter into your own hands and getting things going right.

Also if i'm not mistaken, this was the first All Motor K series drag car ever???

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
#2 said:
Obviously he doesn't what to even give them the satisfaction of mentioning their name, but just to keep others from making the same mistake. I believe it was a shop named F*....?
You are correct, I actually cant even confirm or deny that they ever worked on my car...but...you did it for me...thanks... :up:

I dont know that it was the first K20a drag car ever anywhere, but it was the first K20a into an EG chassis (that we knew of) and it was the first car with a K20a to compete in an NHRA pro class event.

All that would have been great if it would have even qualified in Pomona... :down: man...I hate those fuckers. what a waste of air. Anyway...i got my car now, finishing school with a Major in Mech. engineering and physics...soon as I am done with school, i will put a much greater effort into the development of the K plant

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.