Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
this still dont prove anything..these could after market cams and we wont know, u gotta measure them to really see. these cams look like drag cartel or kelford camshafts to me or can be custom made.. And the spring can be single spring jdm valve springs. they make aftermarket single spring kit to. still dont know how ported ur head is, wat valve job u got or if u raised ur compression... and 228 hp wont make a 2700 pound car run like that

·
Registered
709 Posts
this still dont prove anything..these could after market cams and we wont know, u gotta measure them to really see. these cams look like drag cartel or kelford camshafts to me.. And the spring can be single spring jdm valve springs. they make aftermarket single spring kit to. still dont know how ported ur head is, wat valve job u got or if u raised ur compression... and 228 hp wont make a 2700 pound car run like that
Notice the groove on the end of the cams. Z1 cams.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've seen both of your videos and its a quick car indeed but why do you see the need to proove people what you have ?
loosers always have an excuse..
if you are stock bad ass
if your not then you car is fucking slow lol lol...
good shit..

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this still dont prove anything..these could after market cams and we wont know, u gotta measure them to really see. these cams look like drag cartel or kelford camshafts to me or can be custom made.. And the spring can be single spring jdm valve springs. they make aftermarket single spring kit to. still dont know how ported ur head is, wat valve job u got or if u raised ur compression... and 228 hp wont make a 2700 pound car run like that
Nope, bone stock from VC to oil pan. I just proved this.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen both of your videos and its a quick car indeed but why do you see the need to proove people what you have ?
loosers always have an excuse..
if you are stock bad ass
if your not then you car is fucking slow lol lol...
good shit..
This rsx has been ridiculed for not being stock, people said I had cams, ported head, high compression or it's a K24 etc... Even if this car wasn't stock it still wouldn't be slow lol, I mean I haven't lost to a full body n/a K car yet... But yeah I just proved it was stock lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ok so stock cams.. but what I dont get is how a 2700 pound car with 228 hp runs like that? 2600~2700 is heavy for all motor.. what did donsep3 make? U still pull his tsx k24 and yeah his gearing longer but he should start walking u after 2nd gear.. his torque alone should out power u then his longer gear should start to pull u. i just dont get it, someone said he make 250 plus on pump gas? if u all are around the same weight why doesnt he pull u by 2 or 3 cars? dont make sense. ur basically lying about ur power is what im sayin

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's crazy how much weight reduction helps...I would do it if it wasnt my daily.
Weight reduction helps for lower torque cars, but I'm still way over weight compared to a full weight Eg or EK K swap, let alone a fully gutted K swap.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so stock cams.. but what I dont get is how a 2700 pound car with 228 hp runs like that? 2600~2700 is heavy for all motor.. what did donsep3 make? U still pull his tsx k24 and yeah his gearing longer but he should start walking u after 2nd gear.. his torque alone should out power u then his longer gear should start to pull u. i just dont get it, someone said he make 250 plus on pump gas? if u all are around the same weight why doesnt he pull u by 2 or 3 cars? dont make sense. ur basically lying about ur power is what im sayin
Yup, it's a Z1 cammed car like I said all along lol. And donsep3 made 240 Whp on a dynojet during the summer uncorrected on 93 octane and a different intake setup. He's around 255ish Whp Dynojet on E90 fuel in current weather and using a better intake pipe. Our gearing is different but we are actually going to run again since he switched to shorter gearing recently and our gears should be very similar now. I make different power on different tunes and different fuels, so I'm not always making the same exact power.

My car has never been about peak power per say, I have a great power band and thats what makes my car quick. Also tuning is very important and my tune is almost perfect at this point.

·
Registered
278 Posts
our weight is not the same too, I prob got 50-70 pounds on him....if you listen closely to my car, it starts to spin a little bit off the hit in some runs.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Weight reduction helps for lower torque cars, but I'm still way over weight compared to a full weight Eg or EK K swap, let alone a fully gutted K swap.
200lbs of weight reduction in any car is good for 2-3 tenths and 2-3mph. It's like making an additional ~15-20whp throughout the entire powerband.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
200lbs of weight reduction in any car is good for 2-3 tenths and 2-3mph. It's like making an additional ~15-20whp throughout the entire powerband.
That's true, I can literally feel the extra weight my car is lugging around now that I took off my skinnies in the rear. As you know rolling mass and unsprung weight really slow a car down, taking 50 pounds of unsprung weight off a car is like deleting 150 pounds of sprung weight. I need to get my skinnies back on basically lol. Back to back same day I saw a nice difference in ET and 1.5 Mph pick up.

Having under 160 Wtq doesn't help either. When I take weight out of my 5.0 I can't feel any difference lol, but in my Rsx I can feel everything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts