Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if I'm starting this in the right place but I need some help.I just replaced the rocker cover washers and nuts and as I was tighting the nuts on one of them broke off and took the thread with it. Is there a way to fix this? Any helpful advice is much appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the rocker cover and the thread that the washer and nut goes over has snapped and hence cannot secure a nut on to it

·
Registered
362 Posts
Pull the valve cover off then replace the broken bolt. The bolts hold down camshaft caps as well. They can easily be replaced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, so to be clear will i be able remove the broken thread and replace it with a new bolt?

·
Registered
362 Posts
HELP: I had this same problem and upon installing this bolt below, the bottom threads sheered off in head, how do I fix this?
Remove the broken part and replace it. You may have to remove the camshafts and rocker assembly to get it out.

Are these not on the (from the left) 2nd and last holes?
Did my plugs/coils 2 weekends ago and don't recall it being on the third (from the left) hole... (k24a2 here)
We're not talking about the bolts that hold down two of the coil packs, but yes those go on cylinders 2 and 4. The bolts we're talking about hold down the valve cover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts