Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up, So I have a slight speed bump in my swap. The turbo I'm trying to use utilizes an older style garret T4 turbine housing with the slip joint discharge. I didn't really know much about it...I'm pretty sure there's a retrofit kit to make it V band somewhere, or a remedy for this problem. May be a DIY way to do it. I've searched and have'nt had much luck. I'll post some pics soon as I get my camera back. I would greatly appreciate any type of suggestions...thanks..:confused:

·
Registered
390 Posts
slip joint as in divided housing?

Divided housing where it bolts to the turbo manifold?

You can still run it without using a divided housing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No..slip joint as in the actual outlet of the turbine where your downpipe hooks up. The downpipeflange is really not a flange at all its just a certain size piece of pipe which fits snug in the housing. Its not made to flex at all...think I found a weld in flange kit today from forced performance

·
Registered
191 Posts
No..slip joint as in the actual outlet of the turbine where your downpipe hooks up. The downpipeflange is really not a flange at all its just a certain size piece of pipe which fits snug in the housing. Its not made to flex at all...think I found a weld in flange kit today from forced performance
Post pics and maybe we can help you,good luck

·
Registered
962 Posts
I know the outlet which he is referring too. It was widely used in industrial equipment. I always hated those housings. What I would suggest to you is that you just buy a new exhaust housing. They are relatively cheap and you can get exactly the housing you want for the turbo. you wouldn't need any adapters or anything of that nature for you turbo to downpipe.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended finding a simple little weld in flange which converts it to v-band outlet. Tial makes it, it was 15.00 bux. Apparently its a common procedure on older style garrett T4 turbine housings...:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts