Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

sleeving k24a

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  vtran4600 
#1 ·
help please!! I am looking for a TSX bottom end to replace my ITR in my EK but not sure if I have to sleeve the block if I am just going to run all motor this is what i looking to do:

TSX botton end
12.5:1 CP piston
stock crank and Rod
k20 head
k20 tranny w/LSD
please let me know if these parts are going to work together
kinda new at this thanks

#5 ·
No need for the head swap if you get the TSX complete...

#7 ·
hondaluver said:
i would put the itr head on for more advanced cam degrees and teh ports on the k20a head are larger than the k24
you can do the same thing with the TSX head as far as cam advance goes you just have to get the cam gears modified, and as far as the ports you can port a TSX head just like the Type R is stock but you can't port the RSX head to be like the TSX head... :rolleyes:

the 2.4 liter is going to be a torque monster, why try and squeeze every HP out of it?

#10 ·
vtran4600 said:
thank you for the help guys but I been told that the Tranny on the TSX is just as good and should bother replacing it with a Type S is this true :(
what kind of chassis are you planning on putting this motor in?

as of right now no one makes mounts for the TSX tranny, untill Hybrid finishes mine... :rolleyes:

I think the longer gears will be a nice compliment to the torquey power band of the 2.4L.

#11 ·
Iam gonna put it in my 96 hatch to replace my 98 spec JDM ITR motor nothing with the ITR I ran a 13.9569 at 95.77MPH with no mods, I just want to go with something different from everyone here in Michigan.

Does anyone know what time people are running with the TSX swap in the EK
again thanks for all the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.