Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally time to get this build underway, I am in the process of getting everything ready to swap my baby.

Vehicle
1996 Honda civic cx

Exterior
Ctr front and rear lip
Ctr grill
Spoon wing
Itr folding mirrors

Engine & mods
K24a2
Type-s 6 speed tranny (non lsd for now, will rebuild and add lsd down the road)
Rrc intake manifold
Hybrid racing throttle body
K-tuned a/c p/s delete

Suspension
Hardrace full kit
Itr front sway
Itr rear sway
Camber control
Lower control arms
Subframe brace
Skunk2 v2's, Bwr or P.I.C
Arp extended studs

Wheels and tires
15X8 Enkei pf01 or 949racing 6ul in black

Now on to pictures of my bitch.

I'm currently in the process of redoing my interior completely black, all the panels are done, carpet done, dash re wrapped in black vinyl and all im missing is a black rear bench and the get my deli seats redone in black.

Here is the before.

During.

I will post up after shot when she is ready.

The wifey is mad at me for having my shit here but ohwell.........lol

I will be sending her out to the body shop soon to get rid of 1/4 rust then I will respray her and redo my bay, considering doing my bay champ white and relocating my battery and cleaning up the engine harness since I already had a mild tuck in my bay.

That's it for now, I know I'm forgetting stuff but I'll update it as I remember.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i'm in clean up and gathering parts mode, today was a good day well not done but you know what I mean.

Before

During

I did my vc in wrinkle black I love it, now I need a spark plug cover to make it pop, once I drop in the motor I will unwrap the harness and clean that up nice.

Missing a few things to get her going.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really want to see a after shot of the interior.

P.S you have balls for putting parts in the kitchen lol my girl will kill me

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally finished the tranny.

@ TeranceFL- she was pissed but ohwell lol, I got everything in my dungeon now for a lil bit either until spring or if I decide to rent my self a shop to do her how I want her ;) I will post up once its done just need to wrap my delsol seats and get my self an itr rear bench in black, want to wrap it in black recaro fabric.

@preston- thanks meng.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@ TeranceFL- she was pissed but ohwell lol, I got everything in my dungeon now for a lil bit either until spring or if I decide to rent my self a shop to do her how I want her ;) I will post up once its done just need to wrap my delsol seats and get my self an itr rear bench in black, want to wrap it in black recaro fabric.
Yea Del Sol's are the best budget seats but I never thought about wrapping them. I'm sure it comes out cheaper than real recaros lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@TeranceFL- I love these seats sit me nice and low in my ride and another reason why I like them is because a lot of people have recaro seats and I didn't want to make it look the same lol, hopefully it is cheaper.....these will be what I use until I get my one piece buckets.

Getting the block ready for her fresh coat and then I start to mount up all the new parts.

Engine bay deconstruction is next on the list then she will get resprayed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today was a good day, ended up picking up a couple of things.

Ekk2 and 410cc injectors.

The billet will be polished and the other pieces will be redone.

Here's what my interior is looking like, it will look fresh once i'm done, still have some tweaking to do, I will relocate the deck down near the cup holder and make a 3 gauge pod for the old deck area.

I will post up updates next sunday of a major change........lets hope things go according to plan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today was a good day, ended up picking up a couple of things.

Ekk2 and 410cc injectors.

The billet will be polished and the other pieces will be redone.

Here's what my interior is looking like, it will look fresh once i'm done, still have some tweaking to do, I will relocate the deck down near the cup holder and make a 3 gauge pod for the old deck area.

I will post up updates next sunday of a major change........lets hope things go according to plan.

nice bro!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is looking really good I have a question what spray paint did u use for the panel interior? And what adjustments did u have to make for the ekk2 mounts. Also what harness are u using?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used a duplicolor gloss black interior paint, as for the ekk2 mounts I will be changing out the subframe to an eg subframe, i'm using a rsx type-s harness that I am going to unwrap and re-loom to clean it up a bit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I used a duplicolor gloss black interior paint, as for the ekk2 mounts I will be changing out the subframe to an eg subframe, i'm using a rsx type-s harness that I am going to unwrap and re-loom to clean it up a bit.
So I'm going to be doing a k24a2 on my 99ek I could just get the wire harness from a RSX type S and don't have to spend $400 for an aftermarket also should I change the whole subframe and Rack from an eg in order to use the ekk2 mounts?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I'm going to be doing a k24a2 on my 99ek I could just get the wire harness from a RSX type S and don't have to spend $400 for an aftermarket also should I change the whole subframe and Rack from an eg in order to use the ekk2 mounts?

For the ekk2 mounts you need to swap in the eg or dc subframe, it could be with a manual rack or a power rack if you want to keep power steering, if the subframe is not swapped the mounts wont fit properly.

Yup no need for a $400 harness, now if you want a crazy clean bay then why not but...........I'll pass on that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Parts came in!!!!! more shit on the way and waiting on my hondata I/m gasket and I start putting shit together.

On the weekend I mask off the block and remove anything I don't want coated and the block will get a freshening up aswell.

I have a big shopping list still and i'm pushing hard to get all this shit done, I have a few things to pickup this weekend..........this is the final push once I have everything ready I can focus on the body, rust repair, engine bay respray and a fresh coat of pintura. :nod:

After all the body and motor are in I focus on my suspension and I need to pick up a set of black pf01's in 15x8.

Thinking of adding this to my list.

I want it to look similar to this well with the lip I have that one looks kind of awkward.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump nice build which header are you going with?
Not 100% just as yet currently working on a deal, if it comes through ill post it up.

The mount looks so proper right there, just needs a nice polish ;)

Did my vc wrinkle black but the front part didn't wrinkle enough to my liking so I redid it.

Installed my crv mount and wanted to see how the mount sat on it

I will try to get her assembled tonight

1 - 20 of 101 Posts