Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a chance to get a really good deal on some stage 2 cams for my k20a2. Also rebuilding the head will these clear?

Will these work with a stock head?

·
Registered
366 Posts
yea they will work good in a type S head....i believe the member on here name dblock he had them in a stock head and ran 11.8..so they should work great.

·
Registered
373 Posts
have a chance to get a really good deal on some stage 2 cams for my k20a2. Also rebuilding the head will these clear?

Will these work with a stock head?
yes they will work on a stock head. double check which version of the stage 2 cams you have.

depending on which version you have you may need the exhaust cam gear to correct the centerline on the exhaust cam.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Motor is stock. First time cracking open the motor. any suggestions running these on a stock head? beside tuning.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Motor is stock. First time cracking open the motor. any suggestions running these on a stock head? beside tuning.
i'm currently running them in a stock block k20a2.

just swap in the cams and make sure to swap in the valve train while you're at it.

as far as tuning, these cams tend to like a high vtec crossover point and you can advance vtc up to 45 degrees but you'll probably be making peak power at 40 degrees.

·
Registered
452 Posts
get some aftermarket valve springs and retainers
yea for sure... and this is because you dont want your valves to float when you are ripping it ever so often! And for better flow, you might as well get new valves with valve locks. trust me, do it all together so you dont have to take the head off again. To every action there is equal and opposite reaction if you know what i mean

·
Registered
225 Posts
how much power will one make with stage 2 cams and no tune. has anyone ever dyno with stage2 cams to see what they make before a tune??

·
Registered
452 Posts
what makes you want Skunk2 Stage 2 cams?
did you compare them to Brian Crower, Crower Cams or the JDM ITR cams?

·
Registered
373 Posts
how much power will one make with stage 2 cams and no tune. has anyone ever dyno with stage2 cams to see what they make before a tune??
do a search for skunk2 stage 2 cams in the search box. there are some dyno's floating around. very few dyno's though of version 3.

as for me, i'm still on a street tune.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
the brian crower stage 2 cams seem to be a little bigger and might make better power, and they cost less. you won't have to worry about the cam gears either. you can run them on the same factory valve train that ips recommends for their cams or get after dual springs and ti or steel retainers. either way stage 2's should be fine on a stock k20a2.

·
Registered
225 Posts
do a search for skunk2 stage 2 cams in the search box. there are some dyno's floating around. very few dyno's though of version 3.

as for me, i'm still on a street tune.
well, i meant just a dyno with no tune. all of the dyno sheet i found was already tuned. i want to know how hp is achievable with stage 2 cams without a tune.

·
Registered
373 Posts
well, i meant just a dyno with no tune. all of the dyno sheet i found was already tuned. i want to know how hp is achievable with stage 2 cams without a tune.
i don't think you'll find any dyno's floating around of any car with these cams or any set of cams for that matter untuned.

depending on the which cams you're running, you may encounter piston to valve contact is running the full 50 degrees of cam advance on a set of cams that are only meant to be advanced to say 40 degrees.

running a set of aftermarket cams require a tune or a reflash at the very least with the correct cam angle advance to avoid piston to valve contact.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts