Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy valvetrain and supposedly some of you guys are using Supertech single valve springs to run IPS cams? If this is so I'd like to do the same thing because it's more cost efficient. I know IPS recommends you use Dual Valve Springs, either S2000 or EVS Dual Valve Springs.

Wouldn't aftermarket single valve springs and retainers do?
Also to convert to dual valve springs you must change the valve spring seats. If I recall correctly with the B Series you never had to do this to convert to dual valve springs, why is that?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
some of the cars came with dual valve springs, some didnt'. So the spring seats might have the single spring seats and you have to change them dual.

if the spring tension of the single springs are good enough as the dual, I don't see a problem.

but do make sure that you check the spring tension on the single's if before you buy them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thansk bro. Yea I understand that some heads came with dual valve springs and some didn't. Unfortunately for me my car has a K20Z1 head with single valve springs so that's another $50 for the spring seats. I was just asking because I know the only B-Series that came with dual valve springs was the CTR and to convert your head to dual valve springs you never had to use a a different spring seat.

Get to production on the header for the RSX. I need a 4-1 in my life and tax return season is coming up!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
LOL. Im fresh out of flanges. Im ordering flanges tomorrow.

·
treblictuned
1,422 Posts
spend the extra for the dual springs/locaters

·
Registered
253 Posts
I know of ppl using supertech stuff but I think they are using the dual springs.

IPS has honda parts that can work with the K2's that may be a cheaper option.

hope that helps,

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Ferrea has a Single beehive spring for the K20 i think.
so does toda racing (slightly oval i believe). I have supertech now & have eibach evs for back up :silly: (both dual spring setups)

·
Registered
373 Posts
i'm using the supertech dual valve springs (92 psi version) and titanium retainers.

just do it right the first time and go with the dual valve springs if they're recommended.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
The dual springs are probably the way to go. It is not a matter of spring pressure; The dual spring system cancels out some resonant effects.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts