Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Signalpuke: As soon as mine is finished, I will try to contact him and see what we can do :)

latinmaxima: You don't have a DA anymore?! Sad thing but you will buy another one sooner or later :p

Little update, I lowered my suspension today but it's too low LOL. Picture talk for themselve:

My two main problems:
1- Oil Pan close to the ground
2- Crank Pulley hitting Caster Bar

Rear subframe close to the ground and you can see that my exhaust is shaving the ground too.

So I need to raise the suspension LOL. Will do it this week or next week. To finish, here's two pics of my unfinished interior:

Thanks all

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Thats nuts our cars are nearly identical. Very nice:up:

I like that harness bar. Did you fill in the bumper for the old exhaust outlet or left it as is?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Thanks everyone!

Topo: I sent you a PM :rolleyes:

As for my exhaust, we cutted the hole for the exhaust and the "Filler Piece" from the other side and switched them. After we welded the plastic, some fiberglass and bondo. That's it!

I think it look way better without the huge Canister/Pipe under the trunk lol. I don't know if it was done before but I like the result =)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Little Update!

First, let me explain about the problem I had with the crank pulley hitting the caster bar.

If you do a K-Swap in a 90-93 DA Integra, DO NOT use the OEM front Subframe/Crossmember because:

-You can't use the Alternator Relocator
-The Caster Bar will be to close to the Crank Pulley, lowered suspension will make them hit themselve.

So order a K-Tuned/ETD Racing Traction Bar like me that should (Not installed yet) solve the problem!

Picture later!

See ya!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Hello!

Forgot about this thread, again...:rolleyes:

-Traction Bar installed, problem solved.
-Got Polarg H4H, Double Din cover and Yellow Stich Boot installed
-Painted my Valve Cover Yellow to match the wheels, a lot better IMO
-Went to a local show, it was the first time I took the DA on the Road for real. Feel amazing to drive your car for the first time in 3 years.

Here's one pic at home:

And four of the local show:

Next: Nothing major I hope. Fixing small things and bugs here and there.

That's it!

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
It's really fun, even for a A3! :) I had a WOT issues, car was bucking and idle was high. Someone I met solved my problems: TPS wiring from an A2 and A3 harness is not the same, I had to swith two wire. Solved both trouble. Car feel smooter, better idle and no more WOT problems!

I've done a 2.5h X2 drive last week to see if everything was fine. No problem except that I have a Axle boot to change but I knew that.

As for now, I won't touch the engine for some time since it run really well. Instead:

-Seal the shifter box + Exhaust Wrap on the Header and exhaust that is under the seats (Get really hot inside, no climate control anymore lol)
-Redo my cluster lighting, probably White
-Rewire the 12V plugs and add a horn
-Window Visors (OEM one)
-OEM Rear Optional Lips (Modded to fit my bumper)
-Redo my CD5 Skirts or find OEM one, depend on budget
-3inch Cut-out; 2.5 Axle Back with Hytech Twin Loop because the car is too loud
-Make some braket for me Hiro/Pankake Spoiler
-New Shift Knob, have an eye on a ARC one
-Reuploster (sp?) OEM seats in Black/Tomcat or find some Recaro SR4 Tomcat (Seem to be rare as f*ck)
-Make a Custom Front Strut Tower Bar
-etc. lol

The car will probably stay inside till next spring so I can fix little bugs/Add the above list of part on it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Me again, was feeling like whoring my DA a little more on here.
I know it's a little early to put the DA in storage (Even for Quebec weather) but my firsts road tests are done and I have a lots of little bugs and things to do so I won't have more time to ride her this year. I would love to have feedback about the car; things you would do, change,etc.

Less talks, here's the pictures:

During the "Fix things" autumn before a real storage place...

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
It's been a long time since I posted here..... It seems thatK-Serie DA are becoming more pupolar! :up:

I still have my DA and I've done some work on it since my last update so I thought I could at least share it with you guys.

Started like this in Spring:

I don't know if I already showed you those pictures, but some things I've done/bought to fit the color theme of the car.

Decided to put my small Spoon stuff that I bought at Type One during my Japan Trip last year.

I also was able to fit my Gab Sport Strut Tower Bar. (Tight fit)

I also was able to install my driver side Recaro using the OEM Rail. So I didn't had to pay 150+- for a pair.

Bored Mod: Suede Ashtray since it was burned and not looking good

Discovered SEM Paint

Made myself a Cold-Box that will receive fresh air from the bumper. (Still in progress)

And that's pretty much the progress I did on the car since the last update. It's really slow because I decided to go to University (started last winter) and while working at the same time, I can't find the time to work on the DA nor drive/track it yet. I hope I'll be able to track the car in august for the first time.

As for upcoming things I want to do to the car:

-Install my passenger side Recaro
-Install my Hiro Re-Issue Wing
-Finish my Cold Box
-Brake Ducts from the Chargespeed lips.

Thanks for viewing!

121 - 140 of 150 Posts