Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After our first race this Sunday in Gainesville, FL I figured it would be a good time to post our car and some info about it.

To start off with, here are some pictures of the car itself and our newly finished setup! We built this car from an all motor K20/K24 daily driver to what it is now in only two weeks!

When we first arrived in Gainesville, just about to take the car off the trailer.

Here it is sitting under the Stage 6 Motorsport tent making some final tweaks.

Getting ready to make our first pass ever in it. We went 10.6 @ I don't remember but were just making sure it went straight lol.

Getting ready for the second pass.

Second pass at 10.4 missing 4th gear.

And what most of you want to see, the setup itself.

On Sunday our best run was 9.99 @ 145 mph. It was on our 3/4 passes. We are very excited about this time specially since were only at 18 lbs making 516 hp and 361 ft lbs torque. We would be at 25ish lbs but Friday while tuning we snapped the throttle cable and got one too late on Saturday to retune at a higher psi, so we had to stick with the good ole 18 lbs.

The setup consists of:
Ported K20 head with IPS KT1 Cams
Stage 6 Motorsports Custom Turbo Manifold
Stage 6 Motorsports Custom Intake Manifold
Stage 6 Motorsports Custom Intercooler
Stage 6 Motorsports Custom Radiator
Precision PT74
Precision 1600cc Injectors
Golden Eagle Sleeved K20 block with Pauter Rods and CP Pistons

Everything else is of the norm, Tial 44mm, Tial 50 mm.. etc.

We are hoping to come Palm Beach next month for the next IFO in Florida where we would like to be at 25/26 lbs and also do a couple other little things.

Big ups to Stage 6 Motorsports for all the late nights we had, all the fabrication, and for bringing our car on as one of their on.

Also we know the car is much "brighter" than your normal drag/street car, but we do run a custom paint and body shop so we had to put our own flare on it.

Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
I remember seeing this car
Love the paint job man.... :up:

·
Registered
234 Posts
see now thats what im talking about. who said sunworks dont have a track car hahah we got one in fla and one in houston. looking good noah and cesar one day i will be fast like yalll hahaha.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see now thats what im talking about. who said sunworks dont have a track car hahah we got one in fla and one in houston. looking good noah and cesar one day i will be fast like yalll hahaha.
:D Stephen I still got that turbo manifold and down pipe and stuff for ya.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
nice car...

I really like the coolant fill mod

you guys fabbed up your own custom radiator?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
cool thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We aren't selling the one off of the car, but Dwight at Stage 6 is more than willing produce them for sale. You would want to give them a call at 904.733.7271.

The intake manifold and such is just polished not chrome, chrome would be wayyy too heavy.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
are you running any boost by gear or was this just off the gate? Can you post up the rundown of the slip from the 9.99 pass for us?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
sick car:up: and congrats on the times

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you running any boost by gear or was this just off the gate? Can you post up the rundown of the slip from the 9.99 pass for us?
Just wastegate. The slips are with the guys at Stage 6. Off the top of my head I could tell you it was 9.99 @ 145 mph with a 1.6 60 ft. Tomorrow I'll scan the slip if I feel like going and getting it lol.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts