Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ya the marketing guys will tell you anything 😆 I would stick with what’s been done for years. The oil pans are a pain to take off in the car , I bent the sh!t out of mine and had to use my spare. And then cleaning all the oil silicone off on your back 🤦‍♂️
Sounds like a weekend job! I bought one of those bolt in drains for the pan. What you think about those? I was planning to use lock tight and the double gaskets it comes with

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,019 Posts
Those type of fittings are used commonly for fuel cells and oil systems as well. I’m sure with either silicone or O ringed/gasket it will work out just fine. Keep an eye on it for the first few hundred miles. That’s a crucial period for finding leaks that aren’t seen on initial run in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Those type of fittings are used commonly for fuel cells and oil systems as well. I’m sure with either silicone or O ringed/gasket it will work out just fine. Keep an eye on it for the first few hundred miles. That’s a crucial period for finding leaks that aren’t seen on initial run in.
Looks like it comes with gaskets. A lil Honda bond never hurt nobody ;)
Sounds like a plan! I will definitely be checking for leaks as I drive it. Hopefully get this done in the next couple weeks. Thank you 🙏🏾

21 - 25 of 25 Posts