Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 SI with CAI, exhaust (full), and the usual bolt-ons (pullies and such).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had some tips for me if I wanted to swap my current head for what's on the RSX-S. As far as I can tell by reading and such, the motors are the same basically, with the exception of the head.
My good friend wrecked his RSX-S about 2 months ago, and has been trying to get me to buy some of the engine parts he had before the car goes to the yard. He doesn't have anything I dont already have, except the head.
I dont think it would be a hard swap, but I wanted to ask you guys if there are any un-forseen problems, or tips that you guys (and girls) might have!

Thanks for your help

nqbus82

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've seen the swap done and there weren't any problems. I don't know whether or not your exhaust manifold will be compatable if it's aftermarket. I've heard of people doing those swaps and having problems with their exhaust manifold not working.

You know the difference between the two heads, right? His RSX's head is much better. You should get it.

Also, if he's parting out his car, what all is he parting out? I need an engine and transmission, minus his head.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help...I think he's parting out everything....shell is totalled, dumbass had no insurance.has to have money to pay damage to other vehicle

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
nqbus82 said:
Thanks for the help...I think he's parting out everything....shell is totalled, dumbass had no insurance.has to have money to pay damage to other vehicle
I'll buy his wiring harness and a few other things...

PM me and I will give you a little list, if he wants to start parting it...

Throttle body, Oil pump, etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.