Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dyamn im starting to have doubts about this swap... should i do it? i gots the cash and almost all the parts just not to sure about cuttin my pass side mount on my 98 type R. i also live in cali where the cops hate on imports and give smog refere tickets.. what would you guys do ???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Vtecwhore said:
dyamn im starting to have doubts about this swap... should i do it? i gots the cash and almost all the parts just not to sure about cuttin my pass side mount on my 98 type R. i also live in cali where the cops hate on imports and give smog refere tickets.. what would you guys do ???
where u at in norcal? i say do it....wtf not. just go to a referee and tell him u want to put the following motor into the following car and ask him what are the requirements to pass. he will give u a list and u have to do everything on it to pass. good luck...thats why california sucks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah me and the guys at our shop are cool with the state ref guys but i think its gunna be pretty hard to ref it.... i have to run all usdm rsx type s evap and ecu without the immobilizer removed.. and more bull shit!

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
Vtecwhore said:
sup chris. still thinking about it. its worth it, ill give you a ride if you cant make up your mind...LoL.

but about the smog, you might have some problems. i havent figured a way to get around it yet. the immobilizer is the hard part. because you cant get the damn cel to turn off, so you wont pass. the only thing you could do, is go to the reff first, and just tell him straight up. just tell him exactly what you plan to do, and how your going to do it. the other problem with the smog, is the header. but ive heard a stock tsx header will fit.

but, if smog isnt an issue. DO IT! seriously, you will not miss your b series, i can guarantee you that much.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Vtecwhore said:
yeah me and the guys at our shop are cool with the state ref guys but i think its gunna be pretty hard to ref it.... i have to run all usdm rsx type s evap and ecu without the immobilizer removed.. and more bull shit!
sounds like a challenge worth doing to me :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dyamn the foced thing about it is that i have almost all the parts to do it all im missing is the motor/harness/shifter & cables...... im just sketchy about cuttin the mounts on my 98 itr body...... focc i dunno focc it might as well do it huh!!! and yeah the damn smog thing is a bioatch! hit me up neil i wanna see ur egK...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later